At SnapStream, our mission is to help organizations harness the power of moments to change how people communicate and form deeper connections. Moments of audio and video hold the power to drive reach and impact, but extracting these moments is too hard. SnapStream makes it easy for news media, government, entertainment, and academic organizations to capture, find, and share these moments to create more persuasive stories, increase audience engagement, and turbocharge rapid response. That's why customers like Politico, The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, BuzzFeed, and The White House love us.
SnapStream is looking for a software engineer to join an established team of outstanding engineers as we push our current monolithic codebase into a cloud-first future. We’re looking for someone whose curiosity about cloud computing and software-as-a-service pairs with their strong software engineering fundamentals. If that sounds like you, let’s talk.
SnapStream Core Values
Our core values serve as our operating system at SnapStream. It shapes how we work, who we hire and why we win. The SnapStream Way is to:
- Be curious - cultivate a culture of learning and continuous improvement
- Walk in the customer’s shoes - see the world through our customers’ eyes and spend time deeply understanding our customers
- Experiment without fear - experiment boldly and be unafraid to change your thinking along the way
- Be an owner - have a sense of personal responsibility, sweat the details, and think long term
- Enjoy the journey...together - work as one team by respecting, inspiring, and uplifting others
- Collaborate with the team to deliver testable, maintainable, and shippable code each sprint
- Back all of that code up with comprehensive unit tests where appropriate
- Work alongside the product team, designers, and the development team to give early feedback on in-development features as well as advice on how suggested changes may impact timelines
- Identify new frameworks and technologies to improve and modernize our existing stack
- Step in and investigate escalated enterprise customer support issues when necessary
- Radiate information: write documentation, share knowledge, teach the occasional lunch & learn session, and mentor other developers on the team
- 0 - 2 years of full-time software development experience
- Experience writing or shipping software as part of full-time work, college/bootcamp coursework, personal projects, internships, coding competitions or research
- Understanding of .Net/C#, Typescript, SQL, & Windows Server
- Understanding of cloud computing
- A passion for technology and an interest in video. (Experience working with video a plus!)
- Experience with Agile Scrum methodologies a plus
- C# sprinkled with bits of C++ on the backend
- MSSQL, IIS, and modern Windows Server OS underpinning it all
- Cloud solution hosted in EC2 and leveraging various AWS services such as S3, Lambda, DynamoDB, Elemental MediaConvert, SNS, and CloudFront
What's in it for You?
We know you are looking for more than "just a job." Which is why we believe in taking care of all SnapStreamers by offering a broad suite of benefits and opportunities for growth.
- Learn from some of the brightest minds and be part of a talented, focused team
- Grow your experience and build a resume that will propel you forward
- Be part of building something meaningful
- Count on great insurance paid 100% by us for employees, FSA or HSA, vision and dental, life insurance, and disability insurance.
- Stay balanced with paid vacation and paid parental leave
- Plan for retirement with 401k plan with company matching
- Get & stay fit with gym memberships and fitness challenges that promote health and build team camaraderie
- Enjoy freedom and collaboration - work with high-performing, collaborative coworkers in an intentional remote-first work environment powered by all the tools & technologies you need to be successful
SnapStream is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
ACCENTURE's Flexible Workforce solves clients’ toughest challenges by providing cross-industry expertise, unmatched innovation, World-class tech and talent. We help bring it all together to deliver tangible business outcomes for our clients with contractors.
We are currently offering a $5,000 signing bonus to all Developer hires.Have you recently begun your software development career and are eager to gain more experience? If so, Grant Street Group may be for you.We have been hiring great Perl developers.
TECHNICAL CONSULTANT, PROFESSIONAL SERVICESUnited States / RemotePairSoft’s union brings together three industry leaders, PaperSave, Paramount WorkPlace, and Webiplex DocuPeak, to form the strongest procure-to-pay platform for the mid-market and enterprise,.
Are you ready to join a growing team that puts a premium on productivity and has an award-winning culture, centered around transforming talented employees into effective business leaders?Then BHG Financial is the place for you. We offer innovative financial.
Remote, United StatesSecurityThe RoleOur team is looking for a Senior Security Software Engineer to join the team and help us drive security improvements across our Consumer Products, with a focus on Netflix Gaming ecosystem. The protocols our team secures.