Cloudbeds is the hospitality industry's fastest-growing technology provider for hotels, hostels, vacation rentals, and hotel groups. Our award-winning Cloudbeds Hospitality Platform is currently helping a growing clientele of 22,000+ properties in 157 countries to increase revenue, streamline operations, and deliver memorable guest experiences.
Behind the Cloudbeds platform is a growing team of 500+ employees distributed across 40+ countries speaking 30+ languages. From data architects to UX designers, integrations managers to payments experts, former hotel managers to former OTA executives, our team comprises the brightest minds in technology and hospitality working to solve the industry’s biggest challenges.
From the beginning, we've believed that our people are our greatest asset, so we've founded the company as #RemoteFirst, #RemoteAlways with shared core values that allow our team to thrive. This means we:
- Hire the best people wherever they're located;
- Emphasize the value of results over hours put in;
- Provide flexibility in working hours and locations;
- Foster an inclusive environment that celebrates bold thinking and diverse perspectives;
- Offer open vacation policies, free LinkedIn Learning, and other benefits that promote well-being and professional development.
Together we're on a mission to power every property in the world and to do that, we need to find the best talent in the world. That's why we're on the search for a superstar Software Engineering Manager.
As a Software Engineering Manager at Cloudbeds, you will lead many remote teams of Software Engineers to deliver frequent and high-impact value to our customers in over 150 countries. You will be responsible for team hiring, onboarding, performance, and growth, as well as facilitating the delivery of key projects. In an agile and high-growth environment, you will work across departments to eliminate obstacles by continuously experimenting with new and creative ideas to optimize performance, quality, and communication. As a Software Engineering Manager at Cloudbeds, you will be a key contributor to our delivery of the highest quality full-stack property management solution for properties all around the world.
This is an opportunity to be on the ground floor of a company completely transforming the world of travel technology. You will be an essential member of the team as we march toward our goal to power every lodging business in the world.
Location: Remote - US/CA
What You Will Do:
- Manage high-performing, agile software teams in a rapidly growing, global organization.
- Be a hands-on manager and be able to contribute to the codebase.
- Partner closely with engineering, product, and leadership to facilitate project delivery.
- Leveraging your background, actively contributing to technical discussions and strategy.
- Contribute to department-wide initiatives promoting technical excellence, innovation, engagement, and diversity.
- Work with our recruiting team to hire and onboard top engineering talent.
- Encourage a healthy and innovative team culture demonstrating Cloudbeds’ values through mentorship and coaching.
- Constantly detect and take advantage of opportunities to improve team performance, quality, and communication (Kaizen!).
You’ll Succeed With:
- BS or MS in computer science or a related technical field
- 7+ years experience developing software, preferably SaaS
- 4+ years of experience managing remote, international multi-disciplinary teams of backend engineers, frontend engineers, designers, and testers
- 2+ years of experience managing multiple teams
- Knowledge of PHP
- A passion for delivering value to customers via agile software development.
- Excellent knowledge of SaaS software technologies, best practices, and design patterns
- Excellent project management and organizational skills to facilitate initiatives within engineering and new product value to customers
- Excellent time management, prioritization, and decision-making skills driving high-impact, rapid, and iterative change in a fast-moving environment
- Excellent communication, documentation, and presentation skills
- Experience hiring, onboarding, and developing strong engineering teams
- Experience with coaching and mentorship to elevate team performance
- Ability to take the initiative and make an impact on the larger organization
- Ability to work remotely and manage your own time in an international team
Nice to Haves:
- Experience in Business Intelligence or Reporting Software
- Certified Agile Scrum Master and/or Product Owner Certification(s)
- Knowledge of Perl, NodeJS, Python, JS, Vue.js, React, MySQL, Redis, and SQS
- Experience programming or supporting applications in Amazon Web Services
- Experience managing within a scrum framework
- Experience with service-oriented, micro-service, or serverless architectures
- Experience implementing cross-department incident escalation flows
- Experience with Atlassian products (JIRA/Confluence/BitBucket)
Our company culture supports flexible working schedules with an open Paid Time Away policy and gives all team members the opportunity to travel and work remotely with great people. If you think you have the skills and passion, we’ll give you the support and opportunity to thrive in your career. If you would like to be considered for the role, we would love to hear from you!
Company Awards to Check Out!
- Fastest Growing Companies | Inc. 500 (2018 & 2019)
- Best Places to Work | Inc Magazine (2017 & 2018)
- Best Places to Work | HotelTechReport (2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Property Management System | HotelTechReport (2021, 2022)
- Best Hotel Management Software | HotelTechReport (2022)
- Start-Ups to Watch | Forbes (2018)
- Best Startup Employers | Forbes (2020, 2022)
- Technology Fast 500 | Deloitte (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Top 100 North America | Red Herring (2020)
- Connect MIP Award (Technology)
Cloudbeds is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates the diversity in our global team! We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Cloudbeds is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Cloudbeds will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process or to perform essential job functions please contact our HR team by phone at 858-201-7832 or via email at email@example.com.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Cloudbeds. Staffing, recruiting agencies, and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit applications, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Cloudbeds does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Cloudbeds employees, or any other company location. Cloudbeds is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
ACCENTURE's Flexible Workforce solves clients’ toughest challenges by providing cross-industry expertise, unmatched innovation, World-class tech and talent. We help bring it all together to deliver tangible business outcomes for our clients with contractors.
We are currently offering a $5,000 signing bonus to all Developer hires.Have you recently begun your software development career and are eager to gain more experience? If so, Grant Street Group may be for you.We have been hiring great Perl developers.
SummaryLocation: 100% Remote - U.S. Time Zones ONLYCommitment: Part-TimePosition Type: Hourly/Contractor Direct (No Agencies)We are looking for a highly skilled full-stack developer who is comfortable with both front and back end programming. Full Stack.
Velocity Promotions is a proven e-commerce company that manages multiple brands, and specializes in custom promotional products. We are a tech-focused and vibrant company dedicated to bringing the most comprehensive and comprehensible ordering process.
Are you ready to join a growing team that puts a premium on productivity and has an award-winning culture, centered around transforming talented employees into effective business leaders?Then BHG Financial is the place for you. We offer innovative financial.