Position : Senior software engineer
Location : Remote
Duration : Full Time with benefits
Job Description :
Our customer develops voice-controlled games and entertainment apps for Amazon Alexa and Google Home. Their voice apps are world-class and attract millions of users every month. They are a 35-person team based in San Francisco.
Our customer has created several of the top experiences for voice-controlled devices, including:
- Song Quiz - a name-that-tune music trivia game
- Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader? - a quiz game to test your elementary-level knowledge
- Magic Word - a brand new GIF game created in partnership with Google
They believe voice control will be the main way people access entertainment in their bedrooms, kitchens, living rooms, and cars, and our goal is to build a destination for interactive audio entertainment, as Netflix did for television.
Our customer is seeking experienced engineers to help build and coordinate our efforts, and drive sound technical decisions which will impact the product, the team, and the company. The products you build will be deployed to a wide variety of devices, including smart speakers, smart TVs, and smartphones.
In this position, you will:
- Work on products that reach millions of active users
- Take advantage of our powerful internal engine to build and iterate quickly, focusing on writing logic, not boilerplate
- Develop best-in-class voice-controlled products that are social, engaging, and fun to play
- Collaborate with UX experts, designers, and data analysts to deliver products quickly and effectively
Things you may have done before:
- Built consumer-facing mobile apps or games at scale
- Operated in environments with fast development-cycles focused on rapid product iteration
- Been part of a high performing engineering team
- Worked with audio, voice, or other emerging technologies
- 5+ years professional coding experience
- Experience leading a product- and experience-focused software development team
- Passion for entertainment and/or games
The software stack:
- Our customer's own custom-built engine, designed by a rocket scientist : -)
- Typescript, Node, & Next.js
- Kotlin Multiplatform
- Kubernetes & Terraform
Our customer recognizes the importance of work-life balance. They are currently working remotely, but come September will be implementing a hybrid work-from-home and in-office schedule. They also offer 30 days of paid vacation and strongly encourage its use.
Our customer believes in an inclusive workplace and is committed to building a team from a variety of backgrounds. They will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive the other benefits and privileges of employment.
Our customer is a small but quickly growing team that truly enjoys working together. They love coming together over Zoom happy hours, the funny and strange in Slack #random, and come September, occasional karaoke sessions in their brand new Hayes Valley office. If this sounds like fun (promise it is), get in touch!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $170,000.00 - $180,000.00 per year
- Flexible spending account
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Senior software engineer: 10 years (Preferred)
- coding: 5 years (Preferred)
- Node.js: 10 years (Preferred)
- TypeScript: 10 years (Preferred)
- Passion for entertainment and/or games: 10 years (Preferred)
- Kubernetes & Terraform: 10 years (Preferred)
- Firebase: 10 years (Preferred)
- DynamoDB: 10 years (Preferred)
- Kotlin Multiplatform: 10 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote
Speak with the employer
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
ACCENTURE's Flexible Workforce solves clients’ toughest challenges by providing cross-industry expertise, unmatched innovation, World-class tech and talent. We help bring it all together to deliver tangible business outcomes for our clients with contractors.
We are currently offering a $5,000 signing bonus to all Developer hires.Have you recently begun your software development career and are eager to gain more experience? If so, Grant Street Group may be for you.We have been hiring great Perl developers.
GSTV is dedicated to building an inclusive team and culture that reflects the communities we serve every day. Being part of the GSTV team means that we are always encouraged and challenged to grow personally and professionally. More importantly, we are.
Are you ready to join a growing team that puts a premium on productivity and has an award-winning culture, centered around transforming talented employees into effective business leaders?Then BHG Financial is the place for you. We offer innovative financial.
Remote, United StatesSecurityThe RoleOur team is looking for a Senior Security Software Engineer to join the team and help us drive security improvements across our Consumer Products, with a focus on Netflix Gaming ecosystem. The protocols our team secures.
More jobs by this company
Responsibilities: Be hands-on developer and team leader driving software development, in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.Build strong partnership with other engineers, QA, Product and SRE team to build scalable and maintainable softwareIndependently.