The Digital Sciences group seeks a talented and experienced, self-driven software engineer to design, test and deliver software applications and data pipelines that assist in development of life-saving therapeutics. You will join an interdisciplinary team of scientists and software engineers located at our South San Francisco, CA headquarters (remote work possible).
- Design, prototype, and deploy applications for use by scientists in the Pharma Technical Development organization
- Translate user requirements into functional user interfaces and APIs
- Receive and iterate on user feedback as provided during development cycles
- Follow software development and documentation best practices and contribute towards improving our internal best practices
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of our software systems by staying updated on the latest technologies and tooling
- Provide mentorship to junior developers
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in computer science or a related field
- DevOps experience (Cloud deployments, containerization, CI/CD)
- 6-9 Years Experience with Web Development
- Python (experience with Django preferred)
- Frontend development (experience with React preferred)
- REST or GraphQL API experience
- Git/Github (branches, code reviews, pull requests)
- RDBMS/NoSQL (Postgres, MySQL preferred)
- Build, design and implement scalable cloud-based web applications for PaaS, IaaS or SaaS
- Experience and aptitude to coach and manage junior developers
- Work with IT and data management teams to ensure solutions are well-designed and can be successfully delivered.
- Understanding of emerging technologies and end-user needs.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
The ideal candidate will have prior experience working in an agile environment & must be a self-starter who requires minimal supervision.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer, and we embrace the increasingly diverse world around us. Genentech prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status and veteran status.
Genentech requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at Genentech, and it applies regardless of whether the position is located at a Genentech campus or is fully remote. If you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a disability or serious medical condition, or because it is prohibited as a result of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Minimum requirements: At least 5 years PROFESSIONAL programming experience. (This means paid coding experience).We use Meteor, Blaze, Mongo, JS/ES/TS and Less. If you know this stack, great! However, that is less important than your creativity and passion.
Job SummaryGTreasury is the leading innovator of integrated SaaS Treasury and Risk Management Solutions (TRMS) for the digital treasurer. Developed using the latest technology, GTreasury helps empower organizations on their path to strategic treasury,.
Our OrganizationHashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage.