Transamerica has been helping people feel better about the future for more than 100 years. We provide investment, retirement, and life insurance solutions to more than 11 million customers throughout the U.S. But the way we see it, our responsibility goes beyond our clients’ accounts. We’re in the business of helping people live well and empowering them to create a better tomorrow through the financial and health-related habits they form today. We help people prepare by providing solutions that consider the whole picture.
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to the development teams to deliver quality Salesforce & IVR solutions utilized by multiple lines of business. Continue to drive the team toward delivery of the best end to end design solutions for the enterprise.
- Interact with executive management to develop strategic direction for the department and functional areas.
- Partner with senior leadership and stakeholders at all levels of the organization. Provide clear direction by translating strategic priorities and goals into defined tactical action plans and milestones. Work with cross functional leaders to understand and influence business strategy, set priorities, and define Salesforce & IVR technology goals.
- Act as a strategist and champion for enterprise architecture and design principles.
- Lead white board discussions and presentations with key stakeholders, executive leadership, Salesforce & IVR, and other technology teams.
- Identify opportunities to utilize third-party software development frameworks, open source libraries, and APIs in agile, and speed to market focused development for business partners.
- Ensure high quality service is achieved by providing oversight, monitoring key performance indicators, internal controls, and keeping abreast of market events and industry changes. Bring a passion to stay on top of technical trends, experiment with new technologies, and participate in internal and external technology communities.
- Act quickly and appropriately to solve problems, bring clarity, and minimize the impact of unforeseen circumstances.
- Drive a culture of change and innovation which constructively challenges the status quo and leads to prudent experimentation. Have a growth mindset with the ability to adopt new practices and spearhead adoption.
- Oversee the quality, delivery, performance, cost, and scope for cloud and web development initiatives.
- Develop staff through coaching, provide timely performance feedback and assessments and establish performance and development plans. Mentor current and future leaders, ensuring a constantly rising bar in technical excellence and professional growth.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, math, engineering, or other technical field, or equivalent experience
- Ten years of experience with Salesforce, modern distributed applications, and microservices
- Eight years of experience in delivery of large-scale Salesforce projects involving interaction with a broad spectrum of enterprise operational functions
- Six years of experience managing a diverse team and leading cross-functional teams.
- Strong background in the execution of DevOps methodologies and continuous integration/continuous deliver, and accomplishments in Salesforce.
- Experience managing vendor relationships, including product/service evaluation, contract negotiations, and on-going relationship management
- Familiarity with modern UI development frameworks (e.g. Angular, React, Vue.js) and web technologies (e.g. HTTP, HTML, JS, CSS)
- Results oriented with a strong customer focus
- Strong communication skills to delivery highly relevant and effective information to the Board, executives, and employees.
- Ability to synthesize ambiguous and complex information in a way the leads to substantive actionable outcomes.
- Proactive mindset to drive change, question assumptions and push for innovation solutions.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Technical communication skills and the ability to present information to all levels of the organization
- Problem-solving and technical communication skills
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed environment and identify, define, and resolve organizational issues
- Creative analytical thinker
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet tight deadlines
- Master’s degree
- Experience with advanced analytics and machine learning concepts and technology implementations
- Understanding of big data and real time data processing architecture and ecosystems
- Experience with solution architecture and implementation
- Technology or platform certifications (e.g. Salesforce, AWS)
- Knowledge of the financial services industry
- Remote or Office environment.
- Work outside of normal business hours may be required
- Frequent travel
For eligible employees, we offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support both the personal and financial well-being of our employees.
- Competitive Pay
- Bonus for Eligible Employees
- Pension Plan
- 401k Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Disability Insurance
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee Discounts
- Career Training & Development Opportunities
Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Be Well Company holistic wellness program, which includes Wellness Coaching and Reward Dollars
- Parental Leave
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- College Coach Program
- Back-Up Care Program
- PTO for Volunteer Hours
- Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Employee Resource Groups
- Inclusion and Diversity Programs
- Employee Recognition Program
- Referral Bonus Programs
- Peer Recognition Program (BRAVO)
Inclusion & Diversity
Transamerica has made a strong commitment to inclusion and diversity, and we are proud to be an organization where all perspectives are valued. Transamerica has earned recognition for its strong efforts year-over-year, including from the Human Rights Campaign’s Foundation Corporate Equality Index, the Diversity Best Practices Inclusion Index, and Seramount’s “100 Best Companies” list.
In addition, as part of Transamerica’s commitment to maintaining an inclusive workplace, the company sponsors employee-driven Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), which are formed around a shared interest or a common characteristic of diversity. ERGs are open to all employees and provide a supportive environment for raising diversity awareness and promoting inclusive behavior.
Transamerica believes our responsibilities extend beyond our corporate walls. That's why we created the Aegon Transamerica Foundation in 1994. Through a combination of financial grants and the volunteer commitment of our employees, this foundation supports nonprofit organizations focused on the education, health, and well-being of the communities where we live and work.
Transamerica’s Parent Company
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Overview: Who We Are: SiriusXM and its brands (Pandora,Stitcher, SXM Media, AdsWizz, Simplecast, and SiriusXM ConnectedVehicle Services) are leading a new era of audio entertainment and services by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported.
Software Developer (GraphQL, JS)IT'S 6-MONTN CONTRACT!About the roleThe Mobile Engineering team is responsible for native iOS and Android applications, which help customers track, forecast, and predict revenue on the go. Building new features for our.
Description:Lynker Technologies is seeking a Software Engineer to support NOAA’s Office for Coastal Management (OCM). The Software Engineer selected will be responsible for the following:Interact with project teams to understand requirements and translate.
The OverviewOur CRM Integration Developer is the lead advisor to clients working to optimize their daily operations to scale their businesses. You are a whiz at translating a company’s needs into technical solutions using your expert skills in data analysis.
DescriptionThis is a remote position.Would you like to develop a new platform from scratch with JS/TS on both BE and FE?Our client starts building a marketplace for home buyers. Buyers will be able to browse properties that are being built and purchase.