We are seeking a Director of Engineering to lead our Feature group. The ideal candidate will possess a balance of technology and people management skills and lead with empathy. Cross-functional agility is essential and this leader will work closely with product and engineering leadership to create an exceptional feature experience. Reporting to the VP of Engineering, you will lead our feature engineering group and help us build features for the future.
Our stack includes: Python, Flask, Jinja, ES6, Vue.js, Sass, Webpack, Redis, Docker, GCP, Terraform, Ansible, Memcached, Nginx
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #day-one, #ownership, #empathy, #humility.
- Develop and drive forward a strategic roadmap in collaboration with VP of Engineering and CTO.
- People manage and mentor feature group development managers and provide career growth guidance for team org of ~25+ engineers.
- Dive deep into technology and be on the forefront of the latest tools, technologies, and strategies and help evaluate, prototype, and introduce them to our teams.
- Measure and report on team execution; coach and improve the performance of existing engineers in your group.
- Hire and grow your teams with A+ engineering talent; build and maintain a culture of speed, excellence, collaboration, mentorship, and open feedback in engineering.
What You’ll Bring
- Typically, 12+ years of experience in engineering, preferably at a SaaS or e-commerce company
- Typically, 6+ years at minimum managing agile development teams of 20+ in fast paced environments, preferably distributed teams
- Strong people leadership and role-model for technical excellence; exceptional delegation and people management skills
- Experience in a modern web stack and cloud-native environments such as GCP, AWS, or Azure
- Track record of delivery in complex, high growth technical environments
- Desire and ability to work remote-first in a high growth company
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: