During the Covid-19 health crisis, our priority is to keep our staff, candidates, and the public safe. Our team is currently working from home; we have transitioned to a virtual recruitment process, to include web-based interviews.
We are looking for an Application Developer to help us create innovative and modern web and mobile GIS applications. You will be taking an active role in developing the full stack, bridging the gap between the front-end elements and the server-side infrastructure. You will be responsible for how the application looks and functions. The successful candidate will be both independent and collaborative and possess the desire to continuously learn and teach others about the newest technical advancements. You'll work with a talented team to deliver engaging web and mobile mapping applications that have a direct impact on our clients and their global missions.
- Inspire innovation and cultivate an environment of continuous improvement
- Continuously educate yourself and others on the latest developments in the industry
- Ensure your technical decisions support our goals of quality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, and security
- Write clear, maintainable and high-performance code
- Effectively debug new issues within a production system
CANDIDATE SHOULD HAVE:
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher
- A passion for web development
- 2-3 years professional experience with React, Redux, Express
- Proficiency with front-end development technologies: HTML5, CSS3
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Understanding of AWS technologies like S3, SQS and EC2
- Excellent problem-solving, design, development, and debugging skills
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States, we cannot sponsor
Due to COVID-19, we are fully remote. You do not need to be in the DC Metro area to apply. This position can remain remote after we reopen the office.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire talented people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for using GIS and modern web technologies to solve global challenges, you’ll love working at Blue Raster. Our team is passionate about what we do, our clients, and how our work makes a positive impact on our world. Apply now to join our team of exceptional people!
Located in the vibrant, metro-accessible Court House neighborhood of Arlington, Virginia, Blue Raster offers a friendly work environment, competitive salaries, and a generous benefits package. Our benefits package includes:
- CareFirst Medical, Dental, Vision with HSA option
- 401k benefits
- Paid Time Off and Personal Time that starts on your first day
- Parental Leave
- Metro Benefits, Bike-friendly office
- Training opportunities
- Support for personal and career growth
- Opportunities to work on a number of concurrent projects with clients from a variety of sectors, including Conservation, Health, Government, Global Affairs, and Education
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: