It’s Time For A Change…
Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. We bring our whole selves to work and we’re driven to make a difference every day, from the work we do in our roles to the charitable endeavors we support. We believe in starting by listening, communicating with candor, fostering inclusion and owning the opportunity. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. Whether we’re wearing scrubs, jeans or our finest work-from-home chic, we have fun, work hard and make time to help others.
Are we growing? Absolutely. We have seen about 30% average growth over the last three years. Are we recognized? Definitely. We were named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 and are proud to be recognized as a leader in driving diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) efforts. Evolent achieved a 100% score on the 2020 Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index, making us one of the best places to work for LGBTQ+ employees. We were also named on the Best Companies for Women to Advance List 2020 by Parity.org and we publish an annual Diversity Report to share our progress on how we’re building an equitable workplace and performing on various metrics. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Participate in the full SDLC with Requirements, Solution Design, Development, QA Implementation, and product support using Scrum and other Agile methodologies.
- Hands-on engineer in designing and development of software solutions and software requirements related core components, foundational frameworks, UI and SOA based services.
- Develop software solutions using industry best practices and in the area of security and performance in a web and SOA architecture environment
- Collaborates with team and business owners in the design and analysis phases as part of self-organizing Feature teams
- Maintain source-code repository, participate in Code Reviews, and conduct Design Reviews
- Participate in deployment of code into production
- Implements Web UI design and assists in the testing and user acceptance of Web pages and applications
- Identifies new technologies that will benefit short- and long-term department goals. Provides thought leadership in the areas of strategy and technology.
Local candidates (Chicago, IL or Arlington, VA) are preferred for this role. We ask that candidates located outside of the Chicago or Arlington areas be willing to work the normal business hours that align with our local teams.
The Experience You’ll Need (Required):
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Experience in Single Page Application (SPA) paradigm using at least one of the following: React.js, Angular.js or Vue.js
- Experience as a Software Development Engineer on a Web platform and for large high production impact systems
- Ability to work both independently, and as part of a globally distributed team of technical and non-technical colleagues
Finishing Touches (Preferred):
- Experience in: HTML5, Sass, C#, ASP.Net Web Apis, SOA
- Experience with TDD/BDD, writing automated functional tests and browser compatibility tests.
- Experience using GitHub or other git-based source control systems, working with pull requests
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Intense intellectual curiosity and an ability to view old problems with a fresh perspective
Currently, Evolent employees work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19. As such, we require that all employees have the following technical capability at their home: High speed internet over 10 MBPS and, specifically for all call center employees, the ability to plug in directly to the home internet router. These at-home technical requirements are subject to change with any scheduled re-opening of our office locations.
Evolent Health is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: