Lead Software Engineer
Extend is modernizing the $100 billion-per year extended warranty and protection plan industry using cutting edge technology, and top notch customer service. With a $40M Series B round of funding, we are ready to continue to scale our organization.
Our API-first solution allows any merchant to offer extended warranties and protection plans, both online and offline, while also providing a merchant's end customers with a vastly improved and modern support experience that eliminates many of the issues customers face today with legacy underwriters.
We are a venture backed startup based in downtown San Francisco (and since COVID began, fully remotely) that is led by founders who have previously had multiple successful exits. Extend is simplifying the technology stack for the extended warranty industry, in the same way that Stripe did for online payments and Affirm did for consumer point of sale financing.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and implement high-volume, low-latency microservices to fill business requirements, utilizing infrastructure pieces that fill your needs.
- Build systems that manage customers’ data and hold Extend to the highest standards for security and compliance.
- Architect the primary backend services for our finance and underwriting teams.
- Work cross-functionally with our product, business, underwriting and finance teams to design solutions on different software components.
- See the big picture to design fault tolerant systems so the team can move fast, and break things, without ever showing a negative impact to our merchants.
- Lead a team of Engineers to help design, build, maintain, monitor and scale software.
What We are Looking For:
- 5+ years of experience in Software Development
- 1+ years leading or managing a team
- Strong familiarity with software design patterns
- Understanding of working in microservices environment
- Experience with database modeling and managing/ adding new databases
Nice to Haves:
- Testing their own software unit testing
- Knowledge of working in payment platforms such as Stripe and PayPal or Billing Systems such as Netsuite
- Experience with AWS services such as Lambda, DynamoDB, SNS, SQS and CloudFormation
Life at Extend:
- Working with a great team from diverse backgrounds in a collaborative and supportive environment
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits
- Stock in an early-stage startup growing quickly
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly team events
- Office located near BART and public transit. Note: we are all working remotely until it is safe to return to the office.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Error on reporting