GovernmentCIO is looking for an analytical, results-driven professional to join our team as a Senior Full Stack Engineer building government digital services and working on a IT Practitioner with commercial experience transforming systems and services leveraging concepts in the Digital Services Playbook with a focus on user-centered agile delivery processes. As a Senior Full Stack engineer, you will apply your agility, innovation, and expertise to build and enhance existing government platforms.
GovernmentCIO aims to transform government IT by delivering the technology-related innovation necessary to improve governmental operations every day. Come transform government IT with us.
Maintain and expand a currently implemented web application and all its front and back end components in a technology stack comprised of React.js, Node.JS, Python, Angular, MySQL, AWS Lambda and hosted in AWS GovCloud.
- Rapidly deliver lightweight back-end services and maintain our front-end on a public-facing web stack.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot production application issues.
- Promote and drive innovation in technologies, processes, and tools.
- Work with Product Owners and Scrum Teams in requirements decomposition, backlog refinement, and breakdown of user stories and tasks.
- Interaction with stakeholders and SMEs in support of the Product Owner.
- Use unit and integration testing to ensure systems meet business needs.
- Ship software that impacts the lives of millions of American Veterans and their families.
- Interface with internal and Government management personnel.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience in an agile environment like Scrum or SAFe.
- At least one year of direct, continuous work experience in React.js or Angular.
- At least four years of direct experience with Relational databases and SQL
- Must be able to design, discuss, and document system strategies for platform, applications, and networks.
- Experience designing RESTful APIs for consumption by front-end developers.
- Experience integrating with external REST web services.
- Experience integrating with external SOAP web services.
- Experience writing both unit and end-to-end automated tests.
- Experience working with frequently updated open-source libraries.
- Strong desire to contribute to a rapidly changing open-source platform.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design and SOLID design principles.
- Proficient with Git, GitHub, and Markdown text.
- Proficient spelling, grammar, and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics, Science, and related fields. On a special case-by-case basis, five years of related work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree for otherwise highly qualified candidates.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and able to obtain a Public Trust security clearance.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Cloud Formation EC2, S3, ELB, VPC, and networking in AWS
- Lambda, API Gateway, Serverless Framework
- Experience with Docker, ECS
- Experience with CI/CD implementation
- Experience using AWS RDS with MySQL based Databases
- Public contributions to GitHub and/or open-source projects.
- Familiarity with PHP, Node.js and React.js.
- Experience with AWS EC2, S3, RDS, and Lambda.
- Experience using JSON:API and JSON Schema standards.
- Experience supporting public-facing web applications with a large userbase.
- Experience with AWS Lambda deployments.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: