Oregon Mutual Insurance Company, a regional carrier is the western states, offers a wonderful opportunity to perform, excel and grow in the insurance industry as an Application Developer within the IT team! We are seeking a highly motivated engineer with a successful track record in advancing the development team’s capabilities through identification and implementation of industry standard methodologies and tools. Telecommuting opportunity for the right candidate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Information Technology, Computer Science, or Management Information Systems (MIS) or equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the required skills.
- 3-5 years in a professional application development role.
- Experience developing solutions in Node.js.
- Experience developing Serverless applications, specifically with Amazon Web Services (AWS) Lambda.
- Experience developing and integrating with third-party APIs.
- Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Agile, testing methodologies, bug and requirement analysis.
- Experience with task and defect management, tracking, and reporting tools like Jira, Rally, TFS etc.
- Full-stack development experience, ideally in a cloud environment.
- Experience with version control, specifically Git.
- Microservice, macroservice, and serverless development experience.
- Experience with asynchronous programming.
- Automation experience in a continuous integration/delivery environment.
- Experience building cloud infrastructure with code, specifically via Terraform or AWS CloudFormation.
- Experience with automated unit testing.
- Experience working within Agile and/or DevOps teams Experience with Visual Studio Code.
- Experience with user interface frameworks, including jQuery, Bootstrap, etc.
Strategic thinking: Improve ability to see the big picture and take a longer range, broader business perspective. Learn to step back from the day-to-day tactical details of the business and focus on the “why”, not just the “what and “how.”
- Communication: Demonstrate to others that you value what they have to say. Use active listening, open-ended questions, body language, and eliminate distractions that get in the way of your ability to listen. Communicate in an authentic way that inspires others.
- Voices opinions and presents clear rationale. Uses data or factual evidence to influence
- Coaching/Leadership: Learn to guide and help develop others in the department. Learn to implement and sustain change in the department, division and company.
- Cross-functional knowledge and perspective: Learn about other aspects of the business. Improve your understanding of the insurance industry. Get closer to our customers and understand what they need and value.
- Collaboration: Improve relationships with peers. Be a better partner, understand their goals and needs, and learn to work together to help achieve each other’s goals.
- Associate Software Developer: 0-2 years in a professional application development role. Experience with application development in coursework or other area.
- Software Developer: 3-5 years in a professional application development role.
- Senior Software Developer: 3-5 years in a professional application development role.
Lead Software Developer:
- More than 5 years in a professional application development role.
- Experience supervising/leading teams of application developers.
- Portfolio of work, including live applications and working artifacts (code, wireframes, mockups).
Oregon Mutual offers a pleasant working environment and a history of business spanning more than 100 years.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: