Elastic is a search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co
About the team
The Cloud Billing team’s mission is to provide a simple, transparent and flexible SaaS billing experience based on the consumption of cloud resources and other Elastic services. Our team creates software that collects usage data from distributed data sources, transports them reliably and accurately using data pipelines, monetizes it to produce billing data. Cloud is the fastest growing product in Elastic and the Billing team is the strategic area for supporting that growth.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced UI developer to help us make an immediate impact to our monetization strategy. You will lead the design and presentation of billing artifacts that enables transparency to our users. As the primary front end developer in the team you will have the opportunity to break ground on new features, establish coding standards and help the team to grow as we scale. This role will require collaboration with product managers, design team and other UI developers to achieve our goals.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Make it easy for customers to consume billing artifacts like usage reports, invoices and cost analysis
- Collaborate with backend engineers to create code that integrates with real-time data streams and API endpoints
- Partner with Data Analysts, Product Managers and Designers to provide billing transparency to our users
- Build data visualisations and UI workflows that serve our users across multiple solutions.
- Participate in code reviews for your team and other teams
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
What You Bring Along:
- You care deeply about the design and quality of the features you ship
- 5+ years working in a Senior front end focused role
- TypeScript and React experience
- Experience visualizing and presenting data
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work autonomously in a globally distributed team
- Curiosity to learn SaaS business concepts like pricing, growth, conversions and retention
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Double your charitable giving - we match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Elasticsearch, Inc. (“Elastic”) which is located at 800 W. El Camino Real, Suite 350 Mountain View, CA 94040 USA, and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Elastic’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Elastic, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment. Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Elastic to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Elastic’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at email@example.com. Elastic’s data protection officer is Felix Wittern, who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. We plan to keep your data until our open role is filled. We cannot estimate the exact time period, but we will consider this period ended when a candidate accepts our job offer for the position for which we are considering you. When that period is over, we may keep your data for an additional period no longer than 3 years in case additional opportunities present themselves in which your skills might be better suited. For additional details, please see our Elastic Privacy Statement.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: