JSS Software Developer
Sitecore delivers a digital experience platform that empowers the world’s smartest brands to build lifelong relationships with their customers. A highly decorated industry leader, Sitecore is the only company bringing together content, commerce, and data into one connected platform that delivers millions of digital experiences every day. Leading companies including American Express, ASOS, Kimberly-Clark, L’Oréal and Volvo Cars rely on Sitecore to provide more engaging, personalized experiences for their customers. Learn more at Sitecore.com.
Sitecore’s foundation is our diverse group of passionate, innovative, and collaborative individuals located across four continents and over 20 countries. Having a wide range of perspectives, experiences, and skills is what makes us the company we are today. The Sitecore values of Foster Collaboration, Push Boundaries, Take Ownership, Cultivate Community, and Customers First are what drive and unite us across the globe. In 2020, Comparably named us one of the Best Companies for Women and we rank in their Top 10% for Company Culture. We are always looking for talented candidates to join and strengthen our growing team.
Our Tech Stack Scope:
- Docker containers (Windows)
- Node & npm
- Act as an active member in designing, developing, shipping and maintaining JSS packages, which live in an open-source GitHub repository.
- Actively participate in identifying user stories, clarifying requirements and scope, breaking down development tasks, discussing implementation details, and providing time estimates.
- Actively increase unit testing coverage.
- Develop high-quality code that adheres to development patterns and linting rules agreed upon by the team.
- Act as an active open-source maintainer by reviewing issues, participating in discussions, and reviewing Pull Requests.
- Promote a respectful, open-minded developer community by enforcing the repository’s Contribution Guide and Code of Conduct.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of Sitecore components and technologies to bridge the gap between business and technical aspects, and collaborate effectively with other development teams.
- Actively demonstrate software engineering best practices throughout product development and maintenance.
- Maintain close collaboration and effective communication with Development Manager, Lead Developer, Lead QA, team members and other stakeholders.
- 3 or more years of professional software development experience.
A Great Candidate Will Have:
- Experience working with build tools like Webpack
- Experience with front-end frameworks, like React, Angular, or Vue
- Good knowledge of working in containerized environments
- Experience writing unit tests and integration tests
- Good experience in optimizing software performance using profiling tools
- Good experience in debugging tools and practices
- Good experience in using development tools such as Visual Studio, VSCode, JSLint, Prettier.
- Good knowledge in programming principles: SOLID, DRY, KISS, YAGNI, clean code & refactoring.
- Good knowledge in evolutionary architecture: Microservices, Antipatterns.
A Rockstar Candidate Will Also Have:
- Experience with back-end coding languages (C#.NET)
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience with front-end frameworks built for scale, like Next, Gatsby, Nuxt, or Scully.
- Experience with StoryBook
- Experience with internalization libraries
Required General Knowledge:
- Version control system (Git and branching strategies)
- CI/CD best practices
- Agile and Scrum/SAFe workflow
- Supportive and respectful attitude towards team members
- Intermediate written and oral communication skills in English
- Excellent interpersonal skill to contribute as an effective team player
- Comfortable working remotely with a distributed team
- Comfortable presenting to internal teams across departments
- Enjoy problem-solving on technical challenges
- Good at knowledge sharing and documenting implementation
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment where we adapt to change quickly and always have something new to learn
After an offer is made and accepted, E-verify will be utilized to establish your identity and employment eligibility as required by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
Sitecore is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity without unlawful regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other local legally protected characteristic.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: