We are looking for a remarkable Senior or Lead Software Engineer to join us! We’ve built a team of not just the best engineers, but some really awesome humans as well. This team builds cloud software (platform + apps + ecosystem) to accelerate the flow of government data into the hands of citizens, developers, businesses and researchers.With our Socrata solutions, we impact society by enabling governments of all sizes to employ data-driven leadership.
This means a few things:
- We are solving some pretty cool data access problems (ex. how do you extract, host and visualize every taxi ride in NYC so that any resident, anywhere can access it?).
- What we do matters. New York, Seattle, San Francisco and 300+ other cities, states and counties use us to connect citizens with information that matters to their day to day life.
Software Engineers here work in teams of 4-8 devs to build scalable, distributed systems for some of the most important data on the planet. We’re looking for people who are comfortable diving deep into development, learning from others, and sharing their ideas.
While the bulk of our engineering team are located in the Seattle area, this position can be done remotely from anywhere in the U.S.
Work with our transformative data solutions that help agencies address mission-critical outcomes. Our cloud-based data platform, open data solutions, and performance management solutions help agencies improve performance, transparency, and public engagement.
- Build and ship high-quality customer-facing features.
- Maintain and improve a distributed cloud platform running on AWS.
- Play an active role in mentoring other engineers.
- Collaborate with other devs, engineering management, and product owners to design and architect solutions to our business problems.
QualificationsWe would love to talk to you if you…
- Care about scalable, robust, well-tested code
- Have experience with at least one statically typed language like Scala, Elixir, Java, Go or C++
- We are currently using React/ES2016 supported by Redux, jQuery, Typescript and Ruby on Rails.
- Have experience with testing frameworks like Mocha, Chai, Jest, RSpec or similar tools.
- Show a strong track record of shipping software in the face of ambiguity
- Have and enjoy sharing your great sense of humor
- Demonstrate experience in owning all aspects of a system lifecycle, from proper design, testing, deployment, metrics and monitoring
- Share our passion for our clients’ success (no really, we mean it)
- Have experience exploring, or ideally working with, database technologies including relational databases (we use Postgres) and NoSQL stores. Bonus points for experience with technologies like Elasticsearch and AWS.
- You solve the problem, not the symptoms.
- It’s healthy to laugh at yourself.
- Hard work is necessary. Smart work and long hours can be appropriate, but are not a way of life.
- There are no experts, just people who are building expertise.
- Buzz words like "think-piece, charette or cross-functional synergy” have no place in an engineering team.
- You make the most progress as a team, and teams aren’t built out of people who want to shout the loudest.
- Owning a software platform is like owning any other complex system (a house, a business, insert favorite metaphor here), it requires observation and maintenance as well as new construction.
Colorado Code of Regulations 7 CCR 1103-13 Disclosure
Salary will generally fall between $95,000 - $160,000 before adjustment for geographic differences. Recruiter can confirm if position is incentive eligible.
Taking Care of You & Your Family
Your health and well-being are important to us. That’s why we invest in our team members by offering competitive benefits to support their health and financial wellness. Learn more about how we care for our people »
Tyler is subject to regulations, guidelines, and/or client requirements relating to the qualifications of Tyler personnel performing certain client work. Because of the nature of this position, it is a requirement that the candidate can successfully pass a federal background check at the time an offer is extended and over the course of employment with Tyler.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: