In March 2021, Amplified IT was acquired by CDW, a Fortune 500 technology leader and member of the S&P 500 Index. As a CDW company, Amplified IT's Google for Education expertise meets CDW's scale, unlocking more opportunities to serve educational institutions. Joining CDW showcases our commitment to career development/advancement and exemplifies our culture of innovation, all while serving customers in a more comprehensive way. When you join Amplified IT, you now join coworkers across the globe who work together to bring technology to life for our customers!
Amplified IT is looking for an experienced Software Engineer, reporting to the Software Engineering Lead and working closely with the rest of the Product Development team to deliver products and services that have an impact on Education. Our full stack Education solutions are built using Angular, Node.js, Express, and a wide range of Google Platform technologies. We also integrate tightly with Google tooling and the full range of APIs available using Apps Script.
The Product Development team is a mission-driven, diverse, cross-functional team that is distributed across the eastern United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. The team uses scrum practices with a daily standup, bi-weekly sprint planning, and retrospectives, using Atlassian tools such as Jira and Confluence to facilitate task tracking. We are a small, yet rapidly growing, passionate team that believes in openness, collaboration, working hard, and having fun while doing it.
What you will be doing:
- Facilitate innovative design and delivery of solutions to challenging technical issues through information gathering and collaboration
- Analyse, develop, and release product features, enhancements and improvements, working across the full technology stack.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives
- Deliver quality code and participate in code review processes with other developers
- Collaborate with Product, QA and other software engineers in planning, retrospectives, and other scrum/Agile activities
Who you are:
- You have a solid understanding of Angular (or other MV* frameworks) and ability to write clean, concise, and maintainable code
- You have 3+ years of experience on a production web application development team, including exposure to APIs, with attention to performance and scalability
- You have a strong grasp of web development fundamentals and patterns that allow you to produce clean, maintainable code; delivering new features and enhancements while improving product scalability and general performance
- You communicate well and have creative problem solving skills
- You have experience using deployment workflow and task automation processes
- You are comfortable working in Agile development processes and teams
Nice to Have:
- Experience building product integrations with Google APIs and/or Google Apps Script
- Visualisation frameworks (e.g. d3.js)
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams
- Experience working within a CI/CD process
- Experience with broad range of testing technologies and solutions
- Google Developer Certification
- Experience with Atlassian tools such as Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket
What can Amplified IT do for you?
- Mission-driven culture focused on improving technology access in K-12 schools in North America
- Flexible working hours to support work-life balance (we know that hours worked do not equal productivity)
- Market competitive rates and benefits including healthcare, dental, vision, STD, LTD, AD&D and FSA
- 401k with a 4% Company Match
- Professional development stipends
- Flexible paid time off
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: