At Projector, we’re on a mission to help people communicate with purpose to effect positive change. We’re building a graphic design platform where anyone is invited to turn their ideas into beautiful visual stories, with tools that are powerful, collaborative, and pure fun. From content creators, to small business owners, or creative teams looking for a better way to work together, we want to make it easier for more people to meaningfully connect with their audience through good design.
It’s an exciting time at Projector, and we’re looking for a Product Web Engineer to join our team and help us tackle the technical challenges of bringing professional-grade graphics, GIFs, videos, presentations, social posts, and more, to a real-time collaborative space on the web. If you’re a mid to senior-level engineer that loves working on early stage consumer products and is looking for a challenging role with a small engineering team, we’d love to hear from you.
About the role:
In this role you’ll have the opportunity to take your knowledge of React and the web and expand the types of products built with these tools. You’ll work closely with our product design team and backend engineering team to bring to life the vision of the product, ranging from sharing custom fonts and media libraries to showing real-time presence with voice and video. Have a direct impact on the product as you build key features for users.
What you'll do
- Work closely with our design team to define and understand the product we’re building.
- Collaborate with Design and Leadership on product design, using this guidance and understanding to drive your own product sense and ability to make decisions for your own work on features.
- Set the technical direction for the team around how we architect our network calling patterns, data models, and UI components.
- Implement a range of new functionality and features with a high-level of visual and interaction polish.
- Be in tune with what our customers are saying and what changes we need to best support them.
This might be for you if
- You have 5+ years of experience building modern web applications.
- You have worked on consumer product platforms and enjoy solving interface challenges.
- You have experience building large front-end applications using React.
- You have a high bar for getting it right and are not afraid to fail along the way.
- You enjoy collaborating and believe the whole is better than the sum of its parts.
- You believe there is always more to learn and are eager to grow as an individual.
- You have strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Bonus: experience building graphical authoring tools.
- Bonus: experience developing or extending Node.js backend services.
- Projector is a place for every story to be told. Our team is diverse, inclusive, and empathetic to one another’s experiences. We are purpose-led, seeking to positively impact our work environment and the world around us, no matter what.
- We keep things open. That means transparency from the top-down and the bottom-up. We know that our growth only comes from the people who are doing the work, which is why we value (and encourage) feedback from all team members.
- We have flexible work hours. Who decided that good ideas only live between 9am and 5pm? We provide flexible hours to accommodate different schedules of our team because we believe great work speaks for itself.
- We’re growing fast. We recently raised our Series B funding and already have thousands of customers ranging from leading Creative Agencies, to popular DTC brands, and design-forward small businesses.
- We offer competitive compensation. We know that a strong team is worth the investment. That’s why we offer competitive salaries, equity packages, and benefits to everyone who comes onboard.
Benefits & Perks
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance for all employees and their dependents.
- Fully-compensated parental and maternity leave.
- Home office stipend up to $2000.
- Annual learning development stipends up to $2000.
- Optional 401(k) with employer matching.
- Generous vacation time, sick leave, and holidays.
- Commuter perks, FSA and HSA options, and a range of extra benefits through Trinet, our benefits provider.
Role Location: We're looking for talented people. Where you live or work is less important than your ability to be an effective partner. With the majority of our team currently located in the Pacific Time zone, working productively with them is key to the success of this role.
At Projector, we believe employing a team with diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions will make our team and our product stronger. We are an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Error on reporting