Practicum by Yandex is an online educational platform. At Practicum we believe that everyone has a chance to jumpstart a new career. That's why we produce quality educational content and offer intensive courses in tech complete with full access to an interactive platform, code reviews, and support from industry practitioners.
What is our goal?
Learning programming isn't easy and most of us did it the hard way. Our goal is to help students avoid common mistakes, accelerate their learning process and help them land jobs.
For the Web Development program (https://practicum.yandex.com/web/), we are looking for an experienced full stack web developer to tutor our students and help them successfully become professional developers.
What will you do as a tutor?
As a tutor you will lead a cohort of students with no previous experience in the tech industry through a 10-month program while sharing your experience and inspiring them with your industry knowledge.
You'll help students both by answering questions, and by giving them practical advice in the following forms:
- Video webinars (once-twice a week)
- Slack chats (every day)
- Live-coding sessions (1 live session for each sprint)
And most importantly, you'll be someone that your students will look up to!
What are the requirements?
- 3+ years of work experience as a full stack web developer
- 2+ years working experience in the US tech industry
- Readiness to dedicate at least 15 hours a week to your students
- You're an exceptional candidate if you also have teaching or tutoring experience!
What can we offer you?
- Remote, part-time work
- $45-50/hr for tutoring one group of students (the compensation will be adjusted to your skill level)
- Flexible working hours
- Free in-house training on how to be a team lead, improve your soft skills and coach students
- Cross-cultural work experience in tutoring and conducting webinars
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $45.00 - $50.00 per hour
- web-development: 3 years (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
- Fully Remote
- Work from home
- Flexible schedule
Hours per week:
Company's Facebook page:
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: