Job Title: Web Developer
Department: Creative Marketing Dept.
Reports To: VP Creative
FLSA Status: Exempt
JOB POSITION SUMMARY
MOSAIC is looking for a dedicated, experienced Web Developer to join our growing Creative and Marketing Department. Reporting to the VP of Creative and working closely with our Web Designers, you must be able to envision how people experience web content and be able to funnel site traffic in a way that feels intuitive, informed, inspired and refined. The Web Developer will build solid and sustainable web solutions that help to drive the success of our customers. The role will work on solving both frontend and backend maintenance issues. You will collaborate closely with our team of Designers, Copywriters, Account Managers, Strategists and Clients throughout the design and development process.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be an expert in WorkPress, but also be proficient in working with other Content Management Solutions such as Drupal and Joomla
- Open and adaptable to learn new software platforms
- Configure content management and social publishing software using CMS platforms
- Architect solutions and work with outside specialized backend developers if needed to add custom functionality and integrations
- Build custom themes based on wireframes and client needs
- Collaborate with designers to develop and maintain high quality websites
- Collaborate with ecommerce team to meet branding and functionality requests
- Assess complexity of user requests and prepare cost and time estimates for project development and develop a strategic path to solving client needs
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- At least 5+ years working experience
- Experience writing basic SQL and creating databases with MySQL/SQL
- Experience with CMS data migration
- Experience building entire moderately complex websites
- Knowledge of Adobe XD
- Have experience working with developers on third-party APIs as needed
- Integrating with third-party APIs as needed
- Experience building and maintaining WordPress sites and e-commerce web solutions
- Mobile-first and responsive front-end web development with an eye for good design and experience with common layouts, components
- Experience in cross browser compatibility
- Keep up to date with all trends of web design/development, UI and online/SEO optimization best practices, and technologies
- Cross browser compatibility and best practices for code development
- A wide understanding of executing diverse web solutions
SKILL SET AND ABILITES:
- A team player that must be able to work in a collaborative environment
- An out-of-the-box thinker, able to come up with innovative solutions
- Strong in UI/UX and functional design approach
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Open to learning new website building tools
- Goal-oriented, customer-focused approach to reaching the solution.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Able to communicate your ideas and thoughts clearly.
- Participation in on-site and off-site client meetings
- Be able to coordinate work schedule with Project Manager and teammates to ensure consistent interaction between all members.
- Work independently and within marketing and creative team on a variety of ongoing projects.
- Use project management systems, including multiple internal project management tools.
- Great time management skills
- Be able to accurately estimate time to complete projects.
- Meet deadlines, adapt to change, multi-task and troubleshoot problems when they arise.
- Sense of humor
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $65,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- WordPress: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: