Here at CBT Nuggets, we are first and foremost learners. To us, that means knowing that we have a lot to learn and then dedicating ourselves to learning and applying it to our craft. We’re fired up about what you already know, but don’t tell us, teach us, and then learn alongside us. We’re looking for humans with passion, empathy, and accountability. We can’t promise that being a CBT Nuggets team member will be easy—in fact, we’ll go ahead and promise now that it won’t—but it will be educational and rewarding. If you want to learn more, we already like your style.
SCOPE & GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
As part of the Development team, work on enterprise-level applications and services to continually improve the learning experience for IT professionals.
Create and maintain applications and frameworks that support the team’s products as well as maintain and improve overall system architecture in addition to implementing new features.
Design and develop innovative software tools, applications, and services that are mission critical to the success of CBT Nuggets initiatives.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
- Strongly support CBT Nuggets core values and tenets (https://www.cbtnuggets.com/story)
- Respect for people and their time.
- Friendly, direct communication.
- Passion for what we do.
- Emphasis on continual improvement.
- As a learning company; you will be expected to learn new things on the job and continuously improve your skills.
- Excel in a collaborative team environment
- Ensure our customers’ best interest is kept at the forefront of all decisions.
- Ensure rapid development time for new features and products as well as provide support for those features and products.
- Write enterprise level applications and services.
- Work closely in a tightly-knit, cross-functional team.
- Review pre-existing code and provide recommendations to improve performance and maintainability.
- Add/modify code, perform enhancements that integrate with existing code, and implement new features.
- Create inline and supplementary documentation for existing and new code.
- Rapidly fix bugs and solve problems.
- Mentor and provide guidance to other team members.
- Proactively look for ways to make CBT Nuggets better.
- Technical competencies:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where things change quickly.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts and designs to non-developers.
- Ability to maintain a disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance.
- Experience with RESTful technologies.
- Experience leveraging open source projects.
- Familiarity with Agile frameworks (Scrum, Kanban, etc.).
- Proficiency with Git version control.
- Proficiency with event-driven architectures and design patterns.
- Independent thinker and self-starter
- Attention to detail
- Collaborative and comfortable working on a team
- Attitude required:
- Honesty, humility, and integrity
- Inclusive and respectful
- Strong work ethic
- Passion for programming
- Passion for our learners’ success
- Comfortable with autonomy
- Eager to add new skills and grow professionally
- Understand and appreciate the value of teamwork
- Care about the mission of CBT Nuggets.
- Skills that are required:
- Proficiency with MongoDB and SQL.
- Proficiency with Test Driven Development.
- Proficiency with Git revision control.
- Experience writing web services.
- Experience using Amazon Web Services (AWS Lambda, S3, Kinesis, etc).
- Experience in object-oriented programming and service-oriented architecture.
- Detailed understanding of web technologies, including web services and web application servers.
- Skills that are preferred but not required:
- Ability to develop applications that are cross-browser compatible.
- Familiarity with Jira and Confluence.
- Familiarity with AWS Kinesis, Kafka, or other stream processing technology.
- Experience with Data Pipelines and/or ETL systems.
- Experience with LMS (Learning Management Systems).
- Experience with Docker, Nginx, and Nginx configuration.
- Experience working on various different MVC frameworks.
- Experience with HTML and CSS, as well as compiled CSS (LESS, SASS, etc.).
- Knowledge and understanding of Redux.
- Proficiency with monitoring systems such as Grafana, Kibana, AWS Cloudwatch, or ElasticSearch.
- Understanding of common development tools such as Babel, Webpack, and Yarn.
- A love of IT and/or technology
- Ability to be proficient with an Apple laptop
- Proficiency with Gmail, Google Docs, Slack, and internal CBT Nuggets software
CBT NUGGETS MISSION
To continually improve the effectiveness of learning.
CBT NUGGETS BRAND COMPONENTS:
Position: The distinct point of difference our brand holds in the minds of our target audience.
- IT training you can trust.
Personality: The human traits that describe our brand as if it were a person.
-Passionate, empathetic, and accountable.
Promise: The consistent experience we commit to providing at every touchpoint.
- Learner First
What you say doesn’t matter nearly as much as what you do. Prove to us that you have passion, attention to detail, a good work ethic, and are an independent thinker through your preparation for the interview. Imagine yourself as already having the job and focus on telling us how you will help CBT Nuggets accomplish its mission with your help.
Sign up for the free trial and learn about the CBT Nuggets offering. Every teammate at CBT Nuggets has to understand our customer and our product. Prepare as if you’re already on the team.
Don’t be nervous, there’s no reason to be. If you feel nervous, channel that energy into a better use.
Smile, and enjoy the process.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
CBT Nuggets provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender (sex), gender identification or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, height, weight, physical appearance, hairstyle, need for reasonable accommodations, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation or familial status. In addition to federal law requirements, CBT Nuggets complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
CBT Nuggets expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender (sex), gender identification or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, height, weight, physical appearance, hairstyle, need for reasonable accommodations, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation or familial status. Improper interference with the ability of CBT Nuggets’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
CBT Nuggets provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals who need accommodation for medical or religious reasons, as provided by law, in regards to candidate selection, job assignment, compensation, training, benefits, promotion, discipline, and termination, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to CBT Nuggets. The Company is committed to engaging in an interactive process for qualified individuals seeking reasonable accommodations as provided by law.
CBT Nuggets actively maintains and regularly updates its Affirmative Action Program.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Error on reporting