In this role you will work with a cross-functional team supporting our core Virtual Tabletop Product. You’ll be helping us to build high quality and reliable video and voice chat solutions for players while also thinking outside of the box about how voice, video and audio can enhance the tabletop roleplaying experience. You’ll also work together with graphics developers, designers and more to help deliver new UI and features on our VTT.
Roll20 staff, via coordination with Ritsuko Lifts LLC, are guided by company values that encourage diversity and inclusiveness. In line with company values, we provide competitive salaries and solid benefit packages, including health insurance, group life and personal accident insurance, short-term disability/long-term disability coverage, optional worksite insurance coverage, an employee assistance program, and a 401k with employer matching. We ensure staff have at least 3 weeks of vacation time away, in addition to sick leave, and flexible schedule. We are a truly remote workplace (although we hope to get everyone together for a full company retreat once seeing people IRL is a safe thing again) and include equipment allowances for our staff to cultivate a functional working-from-home experience. We encourage applicants with non-traditional backgrounds to apply.
Skills & Requirements
- 5 years experience delivering responsive frontend features for the web.
- A deep understanding of WebRTC, including client side configuration, cross browser support, codec selection and networking. (STUN, TURN, signaling, packet loss and bandwidth considerations).
- Experience working with and/or refactoring legacy frontend code.
- Ability to train and mentor
- A passion for innovation and continuous improvement.
Nice to Have
- Experience with
- Cross-platform input solutions or libraries
- Firebase realtime database
- Networking optimization for games or realtime solutions
- Familiarity with creating or consuming GraphQL services.
- Passion for tabletop roleplaying games and/or board games.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: