Work type: Full time
Categories: Corporate & Group Travel, Information & Technology
Junior Visual Product Designer
WhereTo (now a Flight Centre company) is looking for a Junior Visual Product Designer to join our growing product team. The ideal candidate is someone who can design icons from scratch and create graphics, illustrations and elements for the platform based on the style guide provided. As a junior designer, you will work alongside our Head of Design to ideate and iterate on how to make the platform more visually appealing and user-friendly. Candidate must have a strong understanding of visual color theory and a willingness to evolve into a full-fledged product designer.
- Consulting with the project team and determining visual design preferences and expectations that are in line with the provided brand guidelines.
- Designing original graphics with unique colors, shapes, and typography fonts.
- Refining the output of paint and hand-draw applications by using visual design software.
- Enhancing digital images, including the application of contrasts and gradients.
- Submitting visual design concepts for brainstorming and approval in a timely manner.
- Meeting with the project team for feedback and editing designs, when required.
- Developing prototypes to uniformly integrate logos and brand images to other products and platforms, including social media and marketing materials.
- Keeping track of advancements in visual design technologies and applications, as well as industry trends.
- Bachelor’s or Associate Degree in Graphic Design, Visual Arts, or similar and equivalent work experience and portfolio.
- 2-3 years of experience as a Visual Designer, or similar.
- A portfolio of visual design examples.
- Advanced proficiency in visual design software, such as Adobe Creative Suite's InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator. BONUS: Figma or Sketch proficiency.
- Creative abilities as reflected in original visual designs.
- Experience in determining visual design preferences and meeting deadlines.
- Exceptional ability to collaborate on visual design projects and integrate feedback.
- Proficiency in keeping up with visual design technologies and industry trends.
- Excellent communication skills.
- BONUS: skilled in iconography animations using After Effects or other animation tools
What Flight Centre Travel Group can offer you:
- Strengths based culture
- Relaxed dress attire
- In-house travel planner to book discounted hotel & air
- National/International Award Nights
- Diversity & Inclusion initiatives
- Benefits including vision, medical, and dental after one full month of employment
- 401K program
- Generous paid-time off policy
- Free and confidential access to our in-house financial advisor (401K, Stock Plan)
- Life Insurance, Short/Long-Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, Health Advocate and MD Live
- Proud Corporate Social Responsibility platform through the Flight Centre Foundation and Brighter Futures program supporting nominated charities through Workplace Giving, Volunteering and Fundraising.
- Employee giving program
- Annual Charity Trip
- Office Environmental Program
- 1 Volunteer Day per Calendar Year
Location: Remote, US
FCTG USA is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer searching for talented people who have a desire to build a rewarding, fun, and exciting career with a company that loves to celebrate your success!
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: