Revivn is a venture backed company that helps enterprises manage their old technology through our end of life software platform. Revivn takes electronic recycling one step further by repurposing hardware that still has remaining life and providing it to people who lack dedicated computer access. Working with companies like Airbnb, Twitter and Teach for America we are changing the way companies view old technology with a new model that focuses on repurposing instead of recycling. Our global solution has expanded from our HQ in Brooklyn to all of North America and is quickly expanding in EMEA.
Why we're hiring
Revivn is hiring a CTO to spearhead the next phase of our engineering development. We are building the first software platform that makes the process of purchasing a computer all the way through disposal a seamless experience! Our existing platform is being utilized by hundreds of companies including Twitter, AirBNB and Fastly, and we’re looking to capitalize on the opportunity to better serve our partners by creating a full end-to-end lifecycle management solution.
We are looking for an experienced engineering leader to build our engineering team, architect our new platform, and be a cross functional leader across the organization. The CTO will split their time between hands-on development and management as the team scales.
This role will report directly to the CEO but will be a partner and a collaborator in helping set our goals and objectives. The CTO will be primarily responsible for day-to-day delivery, working with the software team to ensure what we commit to gets done and building a great engineering culture.
- Recruiting, hiring, and building the Revivn engineering brand
- Directly contribute to development efforts in the beginning as the product and team are built out
- Contribute to the long term vision alongside the CEO of making hardware lifecycle management simpler for our partners
- Work cross functionally with sales, operations, and leadership to ensure engineering efforts are being communicated effectively
- Own end-to-end feature development including design, frontend, backend and quality control
- Lead code reviews and troubleshoot systems issues
- Provide leadership and mentoring to junior engineers
- 7+ years of experience successfully managing and building out engineering teams
- Experience sustainably scaling an engineering team
- Understands creating, building, and working with budgets
- Passionate builder that wants to dig in and write code
- Experience with:
- Node.js (ES6 + Babel) + Express.js
- Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of Mobile Device Management (MDM), Enterprise ticketing systems, Single Sign On (SSO), and IT Asset Management (ITAM) tools
Remote or in office
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday. This position may occasionally require long hours and weekend work.
Expected to travel to Revivn Headquarters in Brooklyn, NY multiple times a year.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: