Software Engineer I
GoCanvas is on the lookout for an extremely talented Engineer who has a passion for web software and the mobile revolution. Your mission is to maintain, develop, and improve the GoCanvas Platform, making our vision for the GoCanvas product become a reality. You’ll be central to the team unleashing the power of distributed technology for our tens of thousands of customers worldwide.
You will work within a small yet capable Agile team environment. Your work will be incredibly impactful to our customers, helping them to run their business with powerful workforce management features like mobile dispatch and workflow management — all with a delightful user experience that makes complex technology approachable.
You’ll receive training to become familiar with our culture, systems, mobile app platform, and strategy. You’ll gain tremendous experience in scaling a rapidly growing SaaS company. We’re looking for A-players who believe in our mission, share our values, and aren’t afraid to join us on this game-changing ride!
Your Most Important Projects:
- Work with your engineering team to build high-quality, well-tested software in our core Ruby on Rails web application
- Deliver functionality that helps GoCanvas customers manage their mobile workforce, define and automate workflows, and sync with a global fleet of mobile devices running GoCanvas
- Consider the security of all facets of our software
- Work with outstanding product development, design, and user experience teams to build a web business platform that’s easy to pick up and delightful to use
What Success Looks Like:
- Build quality software that positively impacts GoCanvas customers
- Never stop learning and never stop applying what you learn back into GoCanvas
- Build effective working relationships and display effective communication with teams
What You Bring:
- Experience with one or more common web application frameworks, e.g. Ruby on Rails (preferred), Django, Spring, Express, etc.
- Experience working with Bootstrap, Material, Tailwind, or internal design systems
- Familiarity with defensive programming techniques, cybersecurity, and developer tools that highlight potential risks
- Strong fundamental knowledge of software engineering design patterns and hands-on experience with development best practices
- A passion for amazing products and great engineering teams
- Strong self-organization and self-management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The desire to be a part of a team that’s just as passionate as you
So, What’s GoCanvas?
GoCanvas is a mobile platform that makes it simple for businesses to automate how work is done, replacing outdated processes and expensive paperwork. The GoCanvas App works on smartphones and tablets, helping companies easily collect information across their organization, share it instantly, and gain real-time insight on their business operations. GoCanvas can be easily customized by all types of businesses to empower their workforce, unleashing the value in data across the organization to help better connect with colleagues and engage more effectively with customers. Automating millions of workplace activities for well-known brands like Pepsi, Honda, and Red Bull means there's a good chance you have been around someone using GoCanvas in the past 24 hours, making us one of the fastest-growing mobile platforms in the world!
Our recent achievements as an organization include The 2020 Golden Bridge Award for Company Rethinking of the Year, and being named by Deloitte as one of the “Fast 500 Technology Companies” in 2017, 2018, and 2019 for tremendous company growth, Gold for “Fastest Growing Company” and Silver for the “Best Places to Work”, and last but definitely not least as one of the Best Places to Work in 2019 by Inc Magazine, The Washingtonian, and The Washington Business Journal!
What GoCanvas Brings
We believe hiring the right people is THE most important thing we do. We take our values seriously and look for these traits in everyone we hire: Empathy, Innovation, Authenticity, Impactful, Team Player, and Cheeky/Fun Loving. We believe in giving people the freedom to work, but staying inspired by their important metrics, to think and act like owners of our business. We provide an environment that allows for innovation and creativity and a chance for individuals passionate about their role to have fun at work. You can learn more about recent activities on our blog updates and our cultural values on our CEO blog.
While we believe culture trumps perks, we are also proud to provide a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet our team members’ needs and truly invest in you with:
- Unlimited Vacation Policy (also known as unlimited PTO)
- 13 Company-Paid Holidays (which include GoCanvas's Birthday, Earth Day, and Juneteenth to name a few)
- Medical Insurance (where the Employee Only level of coverage is free!)
- Dental and Vision Insurance with employer contribution
- Health Savings or Flexible Spending Account depending upon your medical plan selection
- Basic Term Life Insurance and Personal Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- 401k plan with employer match
- Pet Insurance
- Parental Leave
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be!
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: