Packetized Energy is seeking a talented, highly motivated and mission driven individual to join our team as a Software Engineer.
At Packetized Energy our mission is to enable a future with clean, affordable, and resilient energy for all people. Our Nimble platform transforms energy devices at the edge of the grid, such as HVAC systems, water heaters, EV chargers, and behind-the-meter batteries, into valuable grid resources (virtual batteries) for the electricity industry. Through the Nimble platform, we provide software-based grid services and energy IoT devices to electric utilities and to wholesale electricity markets, while providing comfort and value for consumers. And we do all of this in a way that greatly simplifies the complexity of deploying and managing distributed energy resources, so that grid operators and electric utilities can reliably and cost-effectively transition to renewable energy sources, and consumers get clean, resilient, and easy-to-use energy for their homes.
Software engineers at Packetized work across technology stacks to build a full-stack software platform for grid operators and homeowners. Utilizing serverless technologies allows us to easily scale our services to ever-increasing numbers of energy resources. Our cloud platform enables grid operators to manage devices and monitor available flexibility across their fleet. Our mobile app gives homeowners unique views into their energy usage and allows them to participate in clean energy programs with their community.
Our vision is to do all of this in a way that is human-friendly. We work hard and have fun building awesome products that people love, and we are actively committed to enabling greater diversity, equity, and inclusion in the energy industry. Our team works collaboratively from our headquarters in Vermont and from other locations including New York, California and Boston (Greentown Labs). As a distributed team, we value clear communication and cultivate systems that support remote work. We are constantly on the lookout for better ways to share information, support one another, and learn from the strengths and creativity of our team members.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Delivering high-quality code daily
- Designing scalable cloud-based architectures within the AWS ecosystem
- Working closely with our product team and customers to understand requirements
- Ensuring that we always have people’s comfort, privacy and security at the forefront of our design
- Staying on top of technical innovation in computer science, distributed systems, security, energy, and IoT technologies
- Evaluating whether and when to incorporate new technologies into our stack
- Providing guidance to other engineers on the team through code reviews, pair coding, and mentorship
- 1-2 years experience in software development
- Experience with modern server-side frameworks such as Node.js/Express
- Experience with modern front-end frameworks such as React.js
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate and problem solve
- Demonstrated ability to quickly pick up domain expertise
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with React.js
- Experience working with cloud-native tools in AWS: Lambda, DynamoDB, SNS, SQS, ECS, etc.
- Prior startup experience
- Demonstrated ability to set goals and deliver results in a complex domain
Packetized Energy values diversity and inclusion and we highly encourage applicants from groups underrepresented in the tech industry. We consider candidates holistically, so go ahead and apply even if you’re not sure you meet all the requirements. Packetized Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Benefits include stock options, health care, a retirement savings plan, and the opportunity to work with a team of amazing people who are passionate about solving energy problems. We have a flexible working environment:
- Work remotely from anywhere within the US
- If you're in the Burlington, VT area, you have the option of working out of our main office at Chase Mill in Burlington, VT, just across the river from Winooski
- If you're in the Boston, MA area, you have the option of working out of our office at Greentown Labs located near Union Square in Somerville, MA
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: