Helping Young People Excel in Math (HYPE Math) is an educational company that provides tools and resources to parents, teachers, schools, and school districts to help students improve their math and reading skills, especially due to the negative effects of the pandemic.
Due to COVID-19, this internship opportunity is a remote position. Best fit candidates will demonstrate the ability to work independently, with the guidance of mentors via video chat, email, and phone. Strong communication skills, weekly video meetings, and progress check-ins are a must.
Overall Job Purpose:
The Web Developer Intern will be assisting in creating a digital, interactive educational website for elementary and middle school students. The intern must be able to work a minimum of 15 hours a week.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong Front-End Web development skills using ReactJS, Material - UI and REST APIs
- Experience with version control system (Git)
- Internet Security best practices
- Backend Development: NodeJS, MySQL
- Understanding and interpreting business/technical requirements, wireframes, and design comps
- Experience in website development and optimization (including SEO)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Major in Computer Science, Management Information Systems (or related field)
- Outstanding leadership, communication and time management skills
Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively develops code and software as per specifications.
- Tests software that has been created or modified and documents changes to software.
- Troubleshoots and debugs software.
- Consistently and effectively updates project management tool with appropriate comments to track progress of work.
- Breaks down work into estimable pieces and delivers accurate and consistent difficulty estimates.
Interested applicants should apply by submitting a resume. Candidates for initial phone screenings will be contacted in mid-late December 2020.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
Pay: $0.01 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- HTML5: 1 year (Preferred)
- CSS: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: