At Forager we are building something new, something special that's changing the way people think of shipping cross-border freight. We are solving new problems every day in order to change an old industry, and we need talented engineers who know how to help design solutions that will continue to drive our product toward success.
What you'll do
As a Junior Software Engineer, you're expected to do a lot of learning to help yourself rise to the next level of mid-level software engineer. Here, you do more than just write code; you're hired to think, collaborate, create, teach, and learn. You'll work closely with Product Managers, UX, and your engineering team to create solutions, develop stories, and execute them. You'll be expected to advocate for the user and bring your experiences to the table to collaborate with the team as we solve complex problems.
As a junior member on the team, you'll use your current knowledge and build on it as you are mentored by more senior members on the team, and encouraged to think critically about challenges every day. You'll start stepping up to make decisions and own them, getting recognition for your wins, and support when you fail.
Skills you bring:
We are looking for an engineer who has exposure to most of these areas:
- RESTful API design
- SQL and relational database architecture
- UI development with modern libraries
- Unit/integration testing
Other qualities you have:
- A yearning to learn and grow
- Taking feedback and transforming it into your next accomplishment
- A collaborative attitude toward solving problems
- A need to ask why and understand the problem you're solving
- The desire to help others and drive the team forward
- A Testing mindset, whether TDD or BDD, your code is covered
The Interview Process:
- An introductory conversation with Talent Acquisition
- A 75 minute technical interview with a couple of engineers and a manager where we will spend some of the time on coding exercises, but also discuss situational questions to get an understanding of how you think.
- A 45 minute culture/team interview where you'll get a chance to meet some more of the team and other Foragers!
Who we are:
Forager is a logistics tech startup with one goal: simplify cross-border freight with a combination of purpose-built technology and decades of industry experience. We're building an automated and collaborative marketplace that connects cross-border shippers (customers) with their optimal carrier (trucking companies) based on region, price, and service rating.
Forager is committed to keeping our employees, their families, and our community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. We have made the decision to continue working remotely until further notice. This means all new hires will be onboarded and trained remotely.
Forager is an equal employment opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other legal protected characteristics.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: