We are a web design and development agency looking for a detail-oriented and organized, experienced software developer to coordinate multiple web and/or app-based projects and ongoing relationships for a variety of cutting-edge clients. These are more than simply websites, they are complex applications. You'll be expected to manage the development of them from concept through deployment.
At our company, you'll get the opportunity to collaborate with motivated, like-minded people on a daily basis. We're on a mission to create a distinctive and well-respected brand that represents our originality and modern approach to web design and development.
As a member of our team, you will report directly to management and work closely with our design and development resources to drive results. On a day-to-day basis, you will manage the development of new projects and facilitate new requests from existing clients. You will also develop comprehensive plans for new projects including specifications, timelines, milestones, and similar.
A typical project lifecycle would include your involvement in initial client discovery sessions, creation of comprehensive technical specifications. You'll then oversee a team of developers by creating tasks, managing interaction between teams (including offshore), and QA'ing while also keeping track of the entire project. This also includes tons of client communication - you must be a good communicator.
Experience in the following areas will help:
- Managing & creating production calendars and timelines. We like Trello as a primary organizational tool;
- Architecting data structure & building specifications - must be familiar with relational databases, coding frameworks, and capabilities of such;
- Leading the entire cycle of development: planning, architecting, development, quality assurance, and deployment;
- Managing a team of developers both onshore and offshore;
- Communicating clearly with clients, and approaching problems and tasks with a positive attitude;
- Attending and managing staff meetings and client conferences (occasional travel);
- Understanding of AWS & associated services.
- Understanding of interfacing with external development teams: APIs, CI, Code Repositories, etc.
- Understanding of Mobile Application development for both Android and iOS, and ability to oversee such projects.
- Ability to think methodically through problems and propose solutions. Experience with platforms such as Drupal, WordPress are helpful, but you must be able to plan custom solutions without relying exclusively on plugins.
- Did we mention multitasking? You could literally be asked to handle 10 clients with different requests at any given time.
If you are local to NJ, we have an office and would prefer you come in at least a few days a week. Fully remote is also okay for the right applicant. We offer a competitive salary based on experience. Our office is located near Manhattan and accessible via public transit if necessary.
Oh, and we also want to know if you actually read this. So in your cover letter, let us know your favorite color.
- Flexible work scheduling.
- Open vacation policy.
- Medical Benefits after a probationary period for full-time employees.
- Bonuses & Sales commissions.
- Office location in Northern NJ, but will allow remote applicants.
- We love the holidays: office closed from Christmas to New Years, Day after Thanksgiving, etc.
- Close proximity to some excellent lunch options.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $90,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Did you read the entire listing thoroughly? Are you sure?
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Project management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Open Source: 5 years (Preferred)
- LAMP stack: 5 years (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: