At Indigo Slate, the UI Development team has an undying passion for creating modern and intuitive experiences for our users. The UI Director role is the UI Development department-lead and will be tasked with leading a team of UI Developers and ensuring a high-quality bar across all deliverables. This person should be an engineer by trade, a designer at heart and have an enthusiasm and knack for leadership.
Management/Leadership - Lead team of experienced UI Developers and be the face of the UI Development department.
- Work to ensure each member of the team is moving closer to their career goals.
- Foster an environment of continuous learning and growth.
- Push to constantly increase the quality bar across all projects
- Acts as a translator and/or negotiator between developers, designers, and strategists.
- Creative developer - Should be an engineer first but has a passion for design.
- Ability to be hands on with code and deliver highly interactive and bespoke websites if needed.
- Shows ownership and innovative spirit to enhance the design provided by designers.
- Familiar with all stages of the design process and has the ability to interject and provide value at these various touch points (i.e. inspiration, user flows, wireframes, comps)
- Always looks to level-up the design to provide more value to the end-user.
- Has the ability to effectively triage complex design and functionality decisions into a clear course of action.
- Lead projects - Lead development projects by performing the following tasks:
- Architect projects from the ground up.
- Lead development teams both in-house and contracted (sometimes offshore.)
- Sprint planning.
- Ensure all developers have what they need to effectively execute a design to code.
- Show absolute ownership of projects.
Expert tinkerer - Has a passion for discovering the latest and greatest technology trends and can spin up POC’s quickly to prove them out.
- Can provide feasibility reports to the broader team (i.e. sales, creative leads, developers, motion designers, visual designers etc.)
- Innovate, innovate, innovate!
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 8+ years of experience working in the web development field.
- 5+ years of experience working with HTML5 and CSS3
- 5+ years of experience leading development projects that involve various roles including: Visual Designers, Motion Designers, UI/Front-end Developers, Back-end Developers etc.
- 3+ years of experience working with front-end frameworks such as Vue.js (preferred), Angular, React etc.
- 2+ years of experience developing for ADA (accessibility) conformance.
- 1+ years of experience working with WebVR, WebGL or ThreeJS or any other 3D rendering technologies.
- 1+ years of experience working with IoT technology.
- Dedication to pixel-perfect, intuitive, and visually stunning web material.
- Experience maintaining local and remote Git repositories
- Ability to work on a team and learn from colleagues.
Where can I score extra credit points?
- Experience creating/editing 3D assets.
- Show us working examples of your IoT work.
- Experience co-developing reusable and adaptable UX libraries.
- Experience developing alongside design team.
What's in it for you?
Join our growing team and contribute your ideas and leadership in ways that are meaningful. This is work the way you always hoped it would be. Authentic feedback, support for your personal and professional growth, and empowerment to help shape the agency. We offer lots of perks including competitive compensation, full benefits, free parking, and a kitchen stocked full of snacks.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: