Position: Senior Software Developer
FLSA Code: Exempt
Verified First is a fast-growing tech company on a mission to deliver cutting-edge technology that transforms the way organizations protect their people. Recognized as the “Best Places to Work in Idaho,” we work hard to play hard. We’re a bunch of goal-setters that dream big and win bigger. When you’re a part of the Verified First team, you can be sure we’ll invest in you as both a professional and a human. We’re looking for people like you- ambitious, hard-working, and a little goofy- to join our team!
The Senior Software Developer will cover a broad spectrum of responsibilities that include application development, troubleshooting and issue escalations, scripting, web application design, and a deep understanding of APIs. This position is an integral part of the success of organizational integrity.
How our Senior Software Developer spends their time:
- Research, define requirements, design, develop, implement, deploy and manage software applications;
- Test and evaluate new applications, frameworks, tools, and languages;
- Identify improvement opportunities and bugs with applications under management and develop solutions to address these;
- Write and implement efficient code along with appropriate documentation;
- Develop quality assurance procedures and unit tests;
- Assist with DevOps and deployment-related tasks;
- Work closely with other developers, DevOps Engineer, Product Owner, Project Coordinator, and business stakeholders in developing applications;
- Manage technical support requests and escalations with other team members;
- Provide 24x7 on-call support as required;
- Assist in executing application and tools related changes and tickets in support of the team;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance;
- Ability to be held accountable to the department and organizational numbers, data, and deadlines;
- Ability to quickly pivot, be process-oriented, with high attention to detail;
- Demonstrate and promote non-negotiable integrity and dignity of the individual in an environment of mutual trust and respect;
- Maintain discretion in working with sensitive and confidential information;
- Exhibit a commitment to lifelong learning, encourage others to do so, and continue to grow technically and interpersonally to perform the job at the highest levels of competency;
- Demonstration of servant-leadership mindset toward all, evidenced by client satisfaction;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to document and communicate technical concepts to non-technical staff;
- Encourage a direct and positive relationship between community and company.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience is required;
- 5+ years prior experience working in a Software Development role;
- Experience with AWS application-related services;
- Strong experience with Web API technologies;
- Familiarity with agile software development methodology and tooling, including continuous integration and continuous delivery;
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, and Google Apps.
What we bring:
- Work-life balance: Enjoy your free time with no nights or weekends, paid holidays, and paid time off starting on your first day;
- Health: Save money on insurance with 100% employer-paid insurance premiums.
- Wellness: If physical wellness is important to you, we provide discount gym memberships or work out for free in the onsite gym.
- Growth: Continue to learn with continuous education, career pathing, and ongoing training. You won’t stall here, growth is part of our success.
- Outstanding Culture: Our company outings and team-building events are a crucial part of building supportive teams that are crucial to our values.
What are the next steps?
Our Talent Acquisition Specialist will be reviewing resumes. If you are among one of the qualified candidates you will receive an email or a phone call to schedule an interview.
Verified First is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status to any protected status.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: