Job TitleSoftware Engineer II
Kaplan is continuously evolving our technology products and customer experience to maintain our position as the global leader in professional education. We are looking for software engineers to help us advance our Business & Data Systems.
The Software Engineer II is responsible for software development as a member of a cross-functional delivery team. They work closely with product owners, business analysts, quality analysts, and others to design, develop, and test software solutions.
They will work on a team managing multiple applications for internal users in addition to web services for both internal and external systems. This is a full-stack web development position.
- Designs, codes, debugs, optimizes and releases both frontend and backend components as well as internal tools.
- Performs code reviews of pull requests.
- Assists junior engineers with development and SDLC processes.
- Works closely with QA analysts for feature and regression testing.
- Writes and maintains unit, integration, and acceptance tests.
- Helps select and incorporate new tools and technologies.
- Drives continuous improvement of best practices within the development team.
- Identifies and recommends where increased automation, performance enhancements, application enhancements, and quality enhancements may be incorporated.
- Remains flexible and responsive to changing priorities and multiple, concurrent responsibilities.
- Keeps current with emerging technologies and technological developments within the industry.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field OR equivalent experience
- 2 years in Software engineering
- 2 + years programming experience with .net/C# or similar language
- SQL Server (or similar relational database management system)
- Object-oriented design
- Unit, integration, & acceptance testing
- Git (or similar version control system)
- Ability to both work well independently and to collaborate as a team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Well-developed creative and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strategic, methodical approach with a strong work ethic.
- Proactive mindset to keep current with emerging technologies and technological developments within the industry.
- Experience or interest in learning:
- REST web services / microservice architecture
- Continuous integration & continuous delivery
- Behavior-driven development
- Docker containers
- Cloud technologies (e.g. serverless architecture / AWS Lambda)
- 4 years of experience preferred
Job Functional AreaDevelopment
Business Unit00091 Kaplan Higher ED
Kaplan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All positions with Kaplan are paid at least $15 per hour or $31,200 per year for full-time positions. Compensation for specific positions are based on job level, skills, years of experience, and education, among other factors. Additionally, certain positions are bonus or commission eligible.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: