At Navigating Cancer, our mission is to improve the lives of cancer patients and those who care for them. We enable oncology clinics to provide personalized, efficient care to every patient by providing relevant educational materials, giving the whole care team visibility to patient issues and needs, and delivering useful insights so that care teams can identify and resolve gaps in care. Through our platform, patients receive a holistic service offering to support their individual goals and needs.
We're looking for a Sr. Software Engineer to join the patient education squad on the applications development team.
The Successful Candidate will...
- Lead and support engineering projects and initiatives within patient education squad through all aspects of the Scrum Agile process
- Work across the stack (front-end, back-end, infrastructure) in existing patient education engine, while developing new features to further product and engineering goals, including integrating into a new patient portal
- Build relationships across squads (ie: data, patient engagement, patient monitoring) and with internal stakeholders to identify new patient education opportunities
- Help set the direction for our services architecture
- Taken responsibility for a service/subsystem/set of components and delivered them, with a thorough understanding of the underlying why and how of the tools you use
- Provided mentoring to other teammates
- Worked with product or clients to refine requirements, and broken down work into actionable items for development
- A compassionate mentor who loves to teach as much as they love learning from others
- A strong collaborator with non-engineering teams who finds simple, scalable solutions to complex problems
- Curious and flexible - someone who wants to sink their teeth into every aspect of application development, and wants to develop deep knowledge about the healthcare industry and its technology
- Excited to understand and develop solutions to upgrade and/or retire legacy code
- Very effective in a highly collaborative team and paired programming environment
Why work here?
Our mission is to empower and educate individuals living with cancer by providing the right education to the right person at the right time. We have a strong foundation to work with - 55% of patients reading our education reported that it changed the types of questions and discussions they had with their healthcare providers. We believe there is a lot we can build to make our product even better, and we’re looking for a team member who wants to join our team in this mission.
We support thousands of healthcare professionals and tens of thousands of cancer patients every day. We help cancer patients get better care—and consider this a valuable and meaningful reason to come to work everyday. You get to work with leading technology, wear many hats, and contribute every day to our business success! Join us to help us grow and establish ourselves as a world-class business. We are lean, agile, and lightweight. We believe in each other, believe in our work, and have fun along the way.
This position is full time - currently 100% remote during the COVID pandemic. Candidates local to Seattle, WA area are preferred, but we are open to remote longer term for the right person.
We offer competitive compensation, benefits and a fantastic work environment:
- Employer subsidized medical, dental and vision
- 401K + ROTH option
- Generous employee stock option plan
- Paid family leave policy
- Educational stipend
- Work with Purpose. Work together to improve the lives of cancer patients. Collaborate with team members, have passion, enthusiasm and mission for the work that we do.
- Act with Integrity. Communicate openly, be honest, follow through.
- Be Agile. Discover creative solutions, welcome change. Adapt and pursue continuous improvement.
- Seek Simplicity. Reduce complexity for our customers and patients. Simplify our products, our processes and our messages.
- Strive for Growth. Constantly strive to achieve personal, professional, and company goals. Continuous reflection, learning and achievement.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: