Are you passionate about building elegant, usable web interfaces using the latest technologies like React and TypeScript? Would you like to part of a small, agile, and lively team of hardworking programmers in a fast growing, innovative and industry leading company working to change the way enterprise software is designed and configured? Do you love resolving programming, software architecture and user experience challenges?
The InsuranceNow team at Guidewire Software may be a perfect fit for you and your talents! InsuranceNow is an enterprise all-in-one core, digital and data analytics system providing comprehensive solutions for insurance companies to help them manage and automate underwriting, claims handling and billing functions. The specific position we have is in the team responsible for building Digital Portal applications, and the APIs required in the InsuranceNow Core application for support of portal.
What you would do
- Development Unit and functional test automation for the UI applications.
- Develop APIs to be used by UI applications, using Node.js or any Java based application servers.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, UX designers and Architects to define product features, functions, and design.
- Participate in sprint planning and other agile ceremonies.
- Create prototypes to analyze engineering feasibility and evaluate user interface designs.
- Define and maintain Continuous Integration (CI) and Automated Testing pipelines.
- Own, diagnose & resolve code defects.
What you would need to succeed
- If no prior React experience, strong knowledge of an equivalent framework such as Angular JS is accepted, with willingness to learn React.
- Comfortable with server-side Java development. Willingness to learn, if no prior experience with Java.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in the above areas.
- Experience writing unit tests and testable components.
- Experience building automation scripts and tools to support the CI &CD pipeline.
- Experienced in design patterns and best coding practices.
- Experience working in an Agile work environment and knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- Prior experience on leading a development team.
- Strong technical communication skills
- BS/MS degree (Computer Science) or equivalent
- Demonstrated aptitude for continuous learning of new technologies that can be applied to improving the product.
Nice to have
- Experience developing applications deployed using public cloud infrastructure such as AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Experience with TypeScript or Flow.
Our employee culture…
Who We Are
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to an inclusive workplace, and believe that a diversity of perspectives, abilities, and cultures is a key to our success. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
Disability Accommodations and Guidewire’s Appeals Process. Guidewire provides accommodations to the hiring process to create a fair opportunity for candidates with disabilities to contend for open positions. Accommodation requests should be directed to (650) 356-4940 or Accommodations@guidewire.com. If things do not go as hoped, we invite you to use our appeals process. Guidewire promises to independently review any denied accommodation and any decision not to offer you the position. The appeals process is the same in either case. Within five business days of receiving a notice of denial of an accommodation, or receiving a notice of your non-selection for a vacancy, call (650) 356-4940 or e-mail Accommodations@guidewire.com to make an appeal. Guidewire will assign a new decision-maker to review the request and/or hiring decision, who will then notify you in writing of a decision within 10 business days.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Error on reporting
More jobs by this company
2 d ago