About the Role
We’re building the next generation of data science tools for people that love data science. We work with some of the world’s largest organizations to help them succeed in analyzing their data and scaling their data science workloads.
We need your awesome talent to lead our backend efforts in building A-Grade applications and dataviz components to power these teams.
Downloaded 5 million times per month, Dash & Plotly are how AI, ML, and data science in Python are delivered to business users.
We’re a fun, growing, highly collaborative, creative team of people that love our craft. We care about diversity, equity, and helping each other succeed. We value communication, curiosity, kindness, passion, and a healthy, work-life balance. We are avid readers, hackers, architects, and data scientists.
If engineering excites you, and you think Plotly is the place for you, we’d love to chat further.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Play a leading role in building and maintaining the infrastructure for Enterprise Data Platforms, using software engineering best practices, data management fundamentals, data storage principles, recent advances in distributed systems and data streaming, and operational excellence best practices.
- Collaborate with multiple teams working on important customer features and our own significant internal development projects
- Design, build, and support platforms for monitoring and surfacing data quality issues.
- Integrate different technologies to provide data lineage and visibility.
- Effectively communicate with various teams and stakeholders to understand and refine requirements, escalate technical and managerial issues at the right time and resolve conflicts.
- Set the technical direction and strategy within the team and strategize to influence technology across [product] and beyond.
- Mentor and lead developers by cultivating curiosity and deep technical understanding.
- Contribute to team and organizational improvements in process and infrastructure
Technologies you’ll be working with:
- A minimum of 10 years of professional development experience
- Senior-level experience with Node.js and Typescript
- Previous software development experience
- Knowledge about cloud concepts and databases
- Previous experience in AWS, Heroku, Node.js and PostgeSQL
- Expertise in web services: REST, JSON, XML, etc
- The ability to translate business concerns into technical implementations
- The ability to communicate trade-offs in approaches to security, speed to ship, and performance
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to follow and produce documentation instructions
- Ability to debug, troubleshoot, and seek answers autonomously before asking colleagues for help
- Can drive the full architecture and development cycle of large feature improvements or refactorings
- Able to mentor and supervise junior and intermediate colleagues
- Collaborative within the team and across the whole company
- Self-starter, you enjoy moving at a fast pace, shipping software that improves the user experience and constantly improving your work with little supervision
Nice to Haves
- Led teams technically on architecture and system design.
- Experience with container orchestration systems like Kubernetes or EKS, ECS
- Deep Experience in the deployment of production-quality, scalable software
What We Can Offer You:
- A way to put your skills to use enabling people around the world to better understand their data and make better decisions
- Knowledge-sharing with smart, motivated colleagues and folks working at the most sophisticated companies in the world
- Flexible work hours and generous paid time off
- A promote-from-within philosophy
- Health benefits
- Company stock options
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: