We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Software Architect in Core C product group in Bangalore, to work on Chef which is one of top 3 enterprise product in Dev ops & Dev sec ops space.
In Chef, we develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them to solve real problems in all kinds of industries. We get to work with the latest in cloud and container technologies. We have the opportunity not just to follow but to shape best practice. Our platform is used to enable billions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the applications and devices you use every day have infrastructure built, deployed, secured and run with our code.
What you will do in this role:
- Leads team of Architects and software development efforts from a technology perspective. This involves being intimately involved with all technical activities within the team (software development life cycle activities, code reviews, research, etc.)
- Identifies the appropriate software architecture based on the requirements and design elements
- Works within the Team on technical, enterprise initiatives. This will likely involve vision setting, researching, training, and all phases of the software development life cycle
- Works effectively as product Owner for the team in a Scrum Model – as a liaison between Product Management and the team
- Manage and prioritize the product lifecycle/engineering schedule (operations, release, development) for our Core C portfolio of products\
- Partner cross functionally to maximize the effectiveness of the technical roadmap for the business and customers as well as for the site
- Drive results to deliver enterprise software at scale
- Measure and assess your product-line business to ensure it is on track and executing as planned
- Establish the framework for making impactful technical decisions quickly
- Empower your teams for innovation and customer success
- Ensure key stakeholders understand the needs of development resources
- Ensure the engineering team understands the business direction and how each individual engineer’s work contributes towards the big picture of the product line and company offerings
- Records software architecture in a software architecture document using use cases
- Maintains, reviews and evolves software architecture documents based on evolving system requirements and industry trends and technologies
- Analyses risk and report problems in meeting system requirements
- Participates in customer working group meetings, test readiness reviews, and regular status meetings
- Provides supporting information to the Engineers to aid in the creation of a system specification
- Performs software version control and maintain periodic compilation schedule
- Complies with all applicable product development processes. Performs detailed software design as well as implements and/or maintains code according to duties and responsibilities
- Ensures the overall integrity of the software architecture and validates it against the system specification
- Works with visual designers to integrate internal and external product design into a cohesive user experience
- Utilizes innovative approaches to solve complex technical problems and apply advanced technical principles, theories and concepts to develop products
- Defines and selects new design concepts and approaches
- Provides work leadership, training and technical guidance to Software Engineers
- Performs all other duties as assigned
To be successful in this role – we need someone who has:
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in computer science with minimum of 15+ years of experience related to IT Management or other information technology solutions architecture role.
- Experience providing technical and architectural leadership for enterprise products. Strong experience in analysis, design, coding, and implementation of enterprise software product.
- Experience with writing technical specs and comprehensive architectural documentation. Strong leadership capabilities and excellent communication skills.
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux, Big Data, SQL, NOSQL, and various other technologies
- Expertise in distributed computing tech (spark), RESTful API, Microservice pattern, WebUI (HTML 5) and Modern JS frameworks like Angular, ReactJS etc.
- Expertise in modern public cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP) as well as experience in public and private cloud networking architectures along with expertise to infrastructure as a code (CloudFormation/Terraform etc.)
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our workforce. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: