Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Who we are:
GeistM is a full-funnel performance marketing company transforming how brands acquire customers at scale. Reaching 94% of the wired population across the globe, GeistM puts the right content in front of the most profitable potential customers. Our proprietary technology, Blackfire, and diverse publisher network is built to develop, launch, and scale content-based marketing campaigns across more than a dozen integrated third-party networks, including Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Snapchat, Pinterest, and Outbrain resulting in profitable customer acquisition at scale. GeistM has been named to Crain’s New York Fast 50 and to Inc’s 5000 List for the past three consecutive years.
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
The role is based in midtown Manhattan or New Orleans, Louisiana, but due to COVID-19, all GeistM employes are working remotely and will be through the foreseeable future
About the position:
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Engineering Team! As a key member of our Engineering Team, you’ll build scalable systems in JS, Node, & Mongo to help drive the efficiency of our operations and contribute to the architecture, buildout, and maintenance of new features within our products and services.
You’ll be part of a relatively small, close-knit, and cross-functional team that is responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment. To be successful in this role, you should be a collaborative team player with a knack for architecture and utility, and comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries. You should have a keen eye for detail, and demonstrated technical leadership.
What you’ll do:
- Build, test, and deploy the frontend and backend of our companies’ web applications (both internal and public/client-facing);
- Write well designed, readable, testable, and scalable code. You keep solutions simple when possible, and know how to encapsulate complexity when it’s necessary;
- Help maintain and grow our company websites and properties;
- While our primary engineering focus is on our proprietary martech platform, Blackfire, you’ll also have an opportunity to work on a diverse set of other internal projects and technologies.
What you should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar field;
- 6+ years of backend or full-stack development experience in JS;
- 2 - 3 years of experience leading & teaching small teams of mid-level engineers, and reliably coordinating your team’s execution against larger organizational milestones & roadmaps;
- Advanced experience with AWS. Lambda, Cloudwatch, & S3 especially, but you should have general familiarity with load balancing and cloud networking concept;.
- Strong track record of building, deploying and maintaining full-stack applications, from JS to DB;
- A further model of software engineering best practices, including agile development, unit testing, code reviews, CI/CD, design documentation, debugging, and troubleshooting;
- Advanced experience with CLI & build tools – NPM/Yarn, Babel, Webpack, Grunt, Gulp, etc - and with version control systems (we use Git).
Why you should come work with us:
- Great coworkers and a fun collaborative environment;
- Funded by top-tier venture firms;
- Career growth opportunities;
- Many technical and business challenges to solve.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: