As the nation’s largest residential Solar/CleanTech company, Sunrun is on a mission to transform our energy system into the modern and sustainable grid of the future while making clean, renewable energy accessible to all residential households.
To realize this vision, Sunrun is developing advanced technologies, products and services designed to reinvent the way people power their homes. We are actively hiring world-class talent in our Energy Services product team focused on expanding our platform to connect Sunrun, utilities and the consumer. You will work alongside other passionate designers, engineers and product managers engaged in the design and development of a product that is making a positive impact on our world.
If you are passionate about distributed energy resource development in economically underserved communities, join us as a part of an energetic, execution oriented, and rapidly expanding engineering team that is currently creating solutions to one of the biggest and most critical challenges of our time. Help us disrupt a 100 year old industry and partake in advancing Sunrun’s mission of Creating a Planet Run by the Sun.
What is the Role:
Sunrun is looking for an exceptionally skilled and motivated Multi-Family Applications Developer to support, design, build, and deploy MF PV, BESS, and other related renewable energies related design tools. Good candidates will be data experts that are able to quickly identify and anticipate user needs, leverage existing platforms, develop nimble and scalable solutions, provide ongoing training and support to end users, and productively solicit for and incorporate feedback for future improvements.Responsibilities:
- Build applications and features to suit, automate and simplify processes for internal engineering teams, reporting, and system modeling.
- Work with multiple parties to determine design standards to meet installation, cost, and company goals.
- Maintain and extend the functionality of the design tool; including electrical calculations, links to CAD, BOM generation, and external service links.
- Troubleshoot, debug and update software and tools.
- Manage Internal and External Design standards references for end-to-end systems design.
- Develop design standards to reduce design complexity, timeline, and costs while still meeting company, industry, AHJ, and utility standards.
- Provide design and tool technical support for colleagues and design teams.
- Evaluate areas of improvement in both tools and equipment used.
- Develop and provide ongoing training and support to team members to ensure optimal operation of tools and adoption.
- Understand design workflow and how to streamline the process while maintaining predictable results
- Experience working with APIs
- Strong proficiency using Excel, VBA, and external libraries to manipulate external applications
- Knowledge of AutoCAD drawing objects, block and dynamic block creation, template generation and management, and other advanced functionality
- Experience developing/programming end-to-end applications from the ground up from user interface design, to database structures, to application code
- Ability to think critically and to solve problems
- Excellent organizational and self-management skills
- Experience with Google Sites, the Google Suite of applications
- Google App script knowledge to quickly develop and deploy applications
- Preferred: Understanding of residential, commercial, and multi-family system designs
- Preferred: Detailed knowledge of PV system installation, designing, industry best practices
- Preferred: Thorough knowledge of industry products from inverters, storage, modules, racking, and other BOS electrical equipment
- Preferred: Detailed understanding of National Electric Code and ability to quickly interpret other governing codes related to solar installations
- Preferred: NABCEP certification a plus
- Desire to work in a start-up culture; assistance in developing processes and tools for a growing department
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: