At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That’s why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you’ll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” on IDG’s Insider Pro and Computerworld’s 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers for Women and one of America’s Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
Tech at Liberty Mutual offers the challenge and creativity of a startup with the financial backing and stability of a large company – that’s our opportunity for you. Liberty Mutual has been building internal startup teams to deliver innovative products and solutions quicker. As we grow this culture, mindset and capability, we want you to lead this change with us. We are spinning up more Agile Lean Startup teams and we need technologist to anchor and develop these teams.
If you’re a curious learner who wants to develop customer-centric products from idea to production within small, empowered, agile teams, join our tech team. As a Solutions Engineer you will work with your product team to develop customer-centric digital software products from idea to production. This is a fast-paced environment providing rapid delivery for our business partners. Liberty Mutual is looking for someone who enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment that values speed and quality, with a strong desire to drive change as we continue on our agile transformational journey.
In this role, you would:
- Act as a Solution Engineer working bridging engineering teams to architectural teams as we migrate to cloud native solutions
- Continually enhance full delivery pipeline through automation, expanded yet increasingly efficient test coverage, ultimately optimizing time-to-market and quality
- Collaborate with development teams and architects experienced with these newer technologies to ensure solution alignment with technical architecture, business plans and long term strategy.
- Guide the development of system, technical and product standards based on business plan and vision.
- Make recommendations to improve process efficiency and effectiveness, providing input to major architectural designs to ensure consistency, security, maintainability and flexibility with respect to overall system, technical and product architectures within a domain or portfolio.
- Maintain strategic partnerships between vendors, business partners, and Technology.
- Deliver artifacts, technical alternative documents and architectural designs that meet business requirements.
- Oversee design reviews and frameworks.
- Contribute to decisions that impact profitability and operational effectiveness.
- Deliver hands-on functional POC and/or foundational code to advocate ideas, design patterns and help accelerate engineering adoption
- Boost the culture of continuous learning and cross-team knowledge sharing
- Identify common problems, patterns and scenarios across teams and deliver homogenous solutions
This role might be for you if you have:
- Bachelor`s or Master`s degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience; technical Master`s degree preferred.
- Generally, a minimum of 10 years related experience.
- In-depth knowledge of IT concepts, strategies and methodologies.
- In-depth knowledge of diverse and emerging technologies and new architectural concepts and principles.
- Knowledgeable in software engineering languages and tools; proficient in new and emerging technologies.
- In-depth understanding of layered solutions and designs; in-depth understanding of shared software concepts and product features, as well as security minded.
- In-depth knowledge of business operations, objectives and strategies; in-depth understanding of global business and technology trends and the financial services industry.
- Highly developed negotiation, consensus building & influencing skills, facilitation and the adaptability to respond to change quickly.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills; strong presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all levels of the organization.
- Practice DevOps and SecOps as a culture
Highly competitive applicants will have:
- Familiarity with event-based System of Engagement architectures and integration with with APIs exposing microservices (e.g., REST, GraphQL)
- Experience working with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Lean Startup, XP) and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Designers, Business Analysts)
- Ideally familiar with Design Thinking, Behavior and Test-Driven Development
- Strong leadership, communication and collaboration skills with track record of taking solution ownership
- Databases: Document, RDMS, KVP (e.g. Dynamo), Graph, etc.
- Experience with object storage, pub/sub mechanisms and serverless architectures (Ex: AWS S3, Kafka, SQS, Lamda, Fargate or equivalent cloud systems)
- Experience in cloud application and services security involving identity, access control, authentication and authorization
- Experience in secured SDLC process
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: