What you'll do:
As a Senior Software Developer, Team Lead your key area of responsibility will be to assist in the day-to-day operations, coaching and mentorship of one of our growing software development teams. You will leverage expert knowledge in front and back end programming languages to design, build and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable code to develop high throughput, performance critical, scalable applications. To be successful in this role you will be a self starter with strong communication skills, and prior leadership experience.
We have adopted a hybrid working model in response to COVID-19. Eligible candidates must be able to travel to one of our Geotab offices in the following locations: Oakville, ON, Toronto,ON, Waterloo, ON, Burnaby, BC or Laval, QC.
How you'll make an impact:
- Direct software development projects; develop and implement efficient, clean code with assigned team that satisfies customer requirements.
- Manage team with regards to task assignments, work arrangements and other Software Development Department expectations.
- Manage, measure and change an Agile development process, e.g., SCRUM, Kanban.
- Collaborate with other development teams on design and implementation of features spanning multiple products.
- Perform Test-Driven and Security-Driven Development.
- Conduct comprehensive testing and code reviews to ensure that code quality is maximized and best-practices are followed.
- Participate in development of prototypes, minimum viable products and PoCs.
- Provide expert project-leadership and guidance to the team as a SME.
What you'll bring to this role:
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience of coding at a high competency, enterprise level with low tolerance to error.
- 2+ years of experience leading and mentoring a team of developers.
- Experience with SQL Server and Postgres database design, optimization and writing queries.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based technologies (C# .Net) or other object oriented programming languages.
- Experience working in a cloud environment (Azure, AWS, GCP).
- Proficiency in Git, or some other distributed source control tool, and are comfortable with resolving merge conflicts and renaming branches, etc.
- Leadership experience in a team-oriented workplace.
- Success with coaching and development of employees.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfortable in a flat organization.
- Post-Secondary Diploma/Degree specialization in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: