SignalWire's Technical Documentation Writer will own, maintain and extend documentation for all the APIs and SDKs that SignalWire provides for its customers. This position involves working very closely with engineering and product management to understand when new capabilities are released, older ones are deprecated etc. You'll be required to use the APIs / SDKs before documenting those, to allow for hands-on knowledge of the products.
- Validate new APIs and SDKs as they are released by engineering. This includes authentication schemes, parameters, end points etc.
- Document those APIs in all the platforms that SignalWire uses for communicating API document APIs and SDKs
- For large API releases releases or breaking changes, create a technical blog post to make an announcement to customers
- Understand similar APIs provided by customers and inform product and engineering of any significant differences where we might be lacking in capabilities.
- Coordinate with other departments and participate in meetings
- Ability to understand RESTful APIs (including authentication schemes like JWT authentication, Basic Authentication etc, end points, parameters, various HTTP verbs etc.)
- Understanding and experience with WebRTC is a plus
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts simply in English
- Ability to use command line and tools like Curl and Postman to send API requests
- Good command of written and spoken English
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
As a fully remote company all employees must have the ability to work on a computer for most of their workday including engaging in video conferencing.
Travel: Occasional travel requested.
SignalWire, Inc is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace employer.. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: