Patron Technology is a remote-friendly company. This position is open to any candidate in North America. Additionally, we have engineering teams in Pittsburgh, Tampa, Montreal and Dallas.
WHO WE ARE:
Patron Technology empowers event organizers to take control of their entire event experience with our virtually limitless technology solution. Using our powerful ticketing, experiential marketing, mobile apps, and cashless products, organizers transform how audiences experience their events, drive nonstop engagement, and reach new audiences around the world. That’s why iconic brands like New York Comic Con, Coachella, Museum of Ice Cream, the National Hockey League (NHL), and Dreamforce use our suite of integrated event technology to power their events.
We are a diverse team of event goers and experts that are passionate about helping our clients transform how attendees experience their events. We thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment that rewards innovation and creative, out-of-the-box thinking. Our employees are located around the world in the United States, Canada, Europe, and Australia.
GrowTix, a product of Patron Technology, is actively seeking a Senior Software Engineer with a passion for solving unique problems, wearing many hats, and working in a fast paced environment.
Sounds interesting? Let’s talk.
AS A SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER YOU WILL:
- Develop quality and scalable code on an industry leading ticketing platform.
- Make architectural, platform design and tooling selection decisions with broad impact
- Mentor excellent programming practices in team members
- Write readable, maintainable and well-tested code
- Help implement high-quality and long-lasting solutions to complex problems facing event organizers
- Work directly with stakeholders to understand problem scope and customer needs
- Set priorities and refine tasks and estimates while participating in sprint planning sessions, standups, and retrospectives
- Write software used at-scale by world-renowned event brands
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- 4-6 years professional experience preferred
- History of writing unit, integration and end-to-end tests
- Affinity for teamwork and leadership skills
- History of working closely with Devops and SRE teams
- Strong understanding of modern software design practices
- Ability to write organized, legible, testable and efficient software
- Comfortable around a command line in a Linux-flavored environment
- Understanding of web and network security
- Eagerness to learn and willingness to take initiative to solve problems
- Strong Communication and writing skills
- Experience using the CakePHP Framework
- Experience working with Node.js
- Experience with at least one modern JS Framework (React, Angular, Vue, etc).
- Experience with the AWS ecosystem and Docker/Kubernetes
- Experience with DevOps tools (terraform, ansible) and CI/CD
- Experience working with systems that process payments (PCI DSS compliance)
- History of contributing to open source software
- Ability to demonstrate professional expertise with writing, blog posts, talks, or other public work
We offer medical (no waiting period), dental, vision, generous PTO, paid parental leave (following 12 months of continuous employment), flexible work hours, and more.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: