Location: Your manager works remotely, and you'll be able to work remotely too. This job requires EST time zone for core business hours.
Due to Appfire's exponential growth, we are seeking a talented and highly self-motivated professional to join our team as a Principal Software Engineer. In this pivotal role, you will be working with a high performance team that designs and delivers enterprise-class software products and solutions in the Atlassian landscape. There will be many opportunities to showcase your deep technical knowledge, keen analytical skills, proficiency at written communication, as well as your interpersonal and organizational skills.
You will lead the technical analysis, design, and development of Appfire's Workflow Automation products, and provide help and guidance to other developers.
- Design, architect, develop, and maintain some of Appfire's leading products;
- Carry out feasibility analysis and provide effort estimation;
- Perform root cause analysis of software defects, working with a complex codebase;
- Improve the functionality, reliability, performance, usability of the Software Products;
- Comply with good software engineering principles, including but not limited to standard coding, documentation, version control, and testing practices;
- Mentor less experienced developers;
- Work closely with other team members in an Agile development environment;
- Work efficiently with minimum supervision.
- You are passionate about software development;
- You have experience designing high-volume SaaS applications;
- You are familiar with Git;
- You're able to apply analytical and problem-solving skills to solve complex design and coding challenges;
- You have the ability to understand and debug someone else code;
- You're a proven technical leader with the ability to help other team members;
- You are a self-motivated and multitasker;
- You enjoy thinking out of the box to come up with innovative solutions to complex problems;
- You have experience working for an independent software vendor (ISV);
- You are fluent in verbal and written English.
- You are familiar with Atlassian products such as JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, Bitbucket;
- You have experience with Typescript, Heroku, message queues (e.g. RabbitMQ), Webpack;
- You have experience with Agile software development methodologies.
We've Got You Covered:
Appfire is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we prohibit discrimination or harassment of any kind. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Job descriptionNous recherchons un.e développeur.euse NodeJS curieux.euse des nouvelles technos pour travailler sur notre solution au sein de la R&D.Chez Klaxoon, le rôle du développeur.euse ne se résume pas qu'à coder, mais plutôt de t
Nous recherchons un.e développeur.euse NodeJS curieux.euse des nouvelles technos pour travailler sur notre solution au sein de la R&D.Chez Klaxoon, le rôle du développeur.euse ne se résume pas qu'à coder, mais plutôt de transformer nos
Software EngineerSince 1978, ACS Technologies (“ACST”) has served the faith-based community, building software to help ministries lead with less stress and more accuracy. ACST enables churches to handle every vital area of their ministry from finances to relationships
Transamerica has been helping people feel better about the future for more than 100 years, and we’re proud of the trust we’ve earned. But we believe our responsibility goes beyond insurance, investments, and retirement accounts. We’re also in the business of hel
More jobs by this company
We are Appfire, the largest global provider of award-winning Atlassian apps! Our portfolio of trusted product brands includes more than 100 purpose-built apps loved by thousands of teams and millions of users worldwide.Amplified by our partnership and strategic investment from pr