Section 1: Position Summary
As a Software Engineer at Ascensus, you will be working in a high-energy team, writing beautiful code by using the best engineering practices in the industry today (e.g. unit testing, source control, continuous integration, automation, design patterns). Passion for all aspects of software development is critical. We are building teams that are empowered to solve the business needs by having a rapid development and deployment pipeline with a focus on automation and releasing software.
As a Scrum team member, you will be responsible for delivering solutions that adhere to the software architecture strategy, coding standards, and established organizational policies and procedures.
Section 2: Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Analyze, implement, test, document and maintain new and current software applications with minimal oversight in support of achieving the business goals.
- Assist in estimating and planning throughout the software development life cycle.
- Support people and process improvement strategies for the organization.
- Assist with other tasks and projects as assigned
Section 3: Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- 3+ years of experience developing software & systems for small to medium business environments
- At least 3+ year’s hands-on experience with one of the programming languages (e.g. C# and Java)
- Good experience with the Microsoft technology stack
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good understanding of design principles (patterns, cohesion/coupling, S.O.L.I.D.)
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms
- Familiarity with Services Oriented Architecture and RESTful services development
- Good experience with writing clean and maintainable code using engineering best practices (unit testing, continuous integration and deployment, automation, design patterns, refactoring etc.)
- Experience working with other developers, quality engineers (QE), ops engineers and support engineers to ensure smooth deployment and continual operation
- Passion for developing good software
- Experience participating in design discussions with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Familiarity or experience with Agile engineering practices (test driven development, continuous integration and pair programming, etc.)
- Experience in open source development
- Understanding of web technologies (HTTP, Apache, HTTP Proxies)
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD)
- Experience with working with legacy code
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Ascensus, we aspire to make a difference for others. We are a technology-enabled services company that helps people save for retirement, education, and healthcare through our network of institutional, financial advisor, and state partners. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity—housed within our Core Values: People Matter. Quality First. Integrity Always.®
As a leading independent recordkeeping services partner, retirement plan third-party administrator, and government savings facilitator, we aim to hire associates who find pride in going to work every day knowing that they help more than 12 million people save for what matters.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
FloSports is a direct-to-consumer subscription-based sports media company that streams live events across 25 different sports (e.g. Cycling, Track and Field, Wrestling, Racing, Bowling, Marching Band, and more) to millions of athletes & fans around the world.As an extraordina
Description:This position is for an experienced Software Engineer. You will work as a member of a small self-directed team following Agile methodologies and Scrum principles. You will analyze problems, design solutions, code, test and document your work. You will participate in c
Senior Software EngineerWe are looking for a senior software engineer to join our team at Lucidpress. As a senior software engineer, you will help build a world-class enterprise grade web application built on Typescript, Scala, and AWS. As an engineer, you will be responsible for
Hagerty Consulting, Inc., is hiring! We are a nationally recognized, comprehensive emergency management and homeland security consulting firm focused on helping clients prepare for, respond to, and recover from disasters.Hagerty has successfully helped clients navigate some of th
More jobs by this company
FuturePlan is the nation’s largest third-party administrator (TPA) of retirement plans, partnering with advisors in all 50 states. FuturePlan delivers the best of both worlds: high-touch personalized service from local TPAs backed by the strength and security of a large nat