Zearn is the nonprofit educational organization behind Zearn Math, the top-rated math learning platform used by 1 in 4 elementary students nationwide. Zearn Math supports teachers with research-backed curriculum and digital lessons proven to double the learning gains of a typical year of instruction. Zearn Math instructional materials - including 400+ hours of digital math learning - are free for teachers and families. Zearn also offers school- and district-wide licenses and professional development to support implementation. Everything Zearn does is driven by the belief that every kid can be a math kid.
Zearn is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team. At Zearn, youll have the opportunity to work on the technology solutions that power our top-rated math curriculum. You will build user facing features for K-12 students and educators and build systems for the underlying platform that support Zearns operations. Your work will impact millions of students and educators and help us achieve our goal of Numeracy for All.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the development of long-term projects, which may include user-facing features or back-end system solutions
- Identifying technical initiatives to improve our software architecture
- Mentoring junior software engineers to nurture a culture of responsibility, learning, and collaboration
- Working with cross-functional team members to clearly communicate tradeoffs and help plan against high-level goals
Ideal candidates will have:
- 5+ years working in software engineering in a professional setting
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Fluency in frameworks like Ruby on Rails, Django, Express.js, etc.
- Deep understanding of HTTP, RESTful API design, data modeling and the ability to work with complex integrations in a web application context
- Ability to evaluate and communicate different engineering solutions and trade-offs
- A love of math and a strong grasp of K-12 math concepts
- Passion for educational technology, and a desire to work at a mission-driven organization
Bonus points for:
- An interest in working on site in New York City when the office reopens in 2021
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. We also offer a collegial and passionate culture and the potential to positively impact the lives of millions of children.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Role:Cribl’s LogStream unlocks the value of all machine data in ways that were previously not possible by providing users a new level of observability, intelligence and control over their real-time data. We are looking for a Principal Engineer to build integrations between
Our clients ServiceNow practice is growing and they need architects that want to be a part of some of the most complex and challenging ServiceNow-fueled transformation projects in our industry. To enhance their ServiceNow delivery capability, their company is looking for high cal
The Software Engineer on our Ad Code Team will be responsible for the development and design of new features of our Ad Code product that is deployed on over 3,000 sites that reach over 170mm monthly unique users. This role will utilize your expertise to build high-performance Jav
CafeMedia is seeking a Software Engineer with experience building intuitive user experiences, as well as RESTful APIs to serve those interfaces. You delight in creating new features for both internal and external end users using iterative, agile processes to guide development. Yo