One growing team. One powerful goal.
Ours is a dynamic environment where innovation is encouraged—and ideas are welcomed. We believe in one another’s potential, and we focus on creating a positive community where collaboration, belonging, and growth are valued.
SNHU employees are a team in every sense. Separately, we understand that each individual brings unique experiences, perspectives, and ideas to create a vibrant work environment. Together we share common values of honesty, acceptance, and accountability working as a unified force toward a common goal: to transform the lives of learners.
As a global leader in education, we strive for a workforce that reflects the individual differences of our learning community. We believe that our employees can be their best selves when they can be their true selves. Therefore, we are committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion in which all of our employees feel welcomed, valued, and empowered. We’re proud to have been recognized as a Great College to Work for by the Chronicle of Higher Education every year since its inception.
By joining our team, you join us in our vision. Together, we’ll shape the future of education by transforming lives—beginning with yours.
Here's more information about the job you clicked on:
Southern New Hampshire University is hiring remotely in the following states: New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Maine, Vermont, Arizona, Indiana, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Texas, and Florida.
We offer exceptional benefits, many available starting on the first day of employment:
Anthem BlueCross affordable, low-deductible Medical insurance available on day one
Low to no-cost Dental, Vision and Life Insurance options
5 weeks of Paid Time Off that starts accruing on day one & Paid Holidays
A Retirement Plan with a 9% Employer Funded annual contribution
Tuition Benefits with family offerings
About Kenzie Academy from Southern New Hampshire University:
Kenzie Academy from Southern New Hampshire University is pioneering a new model in education to develop people hungry for a career in tech. Utilizing cutting-edge curriculum, industry practitioners as teachers, and on the job, project-based learning, we are closing the talent gap and developing innovators with skills, passion, and purpose. Kenzie offers programs in software engineering and UX engineering.
What you'll do:
- You will serve as a subject matter expert in software engineering subject matter.
- You will continuously mentor and develop junior level facilitators, who work directly with students, ensuring facilitators can lead delivery of all technical aspects
- You will provide instruction and support to students in various programs, especially students who are struggling or otherwise unable to receive adequate support from
- You will deliver demos, code reviews, or mentoring sessions via video conferencing.
- These demos may be recorded for ongoing dissemination by Kenzie Academy.
- Additionally, you will create recorded lectures to further expand Kenzie’s resources
- You will be available to coach students one on one or in a small group setting during assigned office hours.
- You will collaborate with all Academic team members, ensuring all team members are working together to deliver the best academic experience possible and all students are able to access available resources.
- You will lead an instructional team to monitor data dashboards on an ongoing basis.
- You will work with the Director of Facilitation and your facilitator team to deliver weekly support sessions to students who need the additional resources, based on the findings of the data. When students fall behind or encounter a challenging life situation, you will collaborate with a Student Success Manager to help students get back on track.
- You will work closely with our learning science team to provide feedback and suggestions regarding pacing and changes to curriculum based on data and classroom experiences. This includes directly contributing to our instructional guides.
- You will collaborate with our in-house product team on building internal tools to deliver content and track student performance.
- 3+ years industry experience in software development. Relevant teaching experience, or demonstrated technical ability (through technical interviews, work product, and portfolio of engineering or teaching work) may be considered as equivalent.
- For Front-End courses
- You are comfortable with the React library and Node runtime environment.
- You are proficient in at least one other language (especially Python, Java, or C).
- For Back-End courses
- You have experience working on a remote team and using remote communication tools such as live chat, video conferencing, and virtual breakout rooms.
- You have a desire to teach students of all ages and backgrounds in computer
- You are excited to experiment with new approaches to education.
- You are a passionate problem-solver.
- You have taught introductory programming or computer science classes for 1+ years.
- You have experience working with teams of teaching assistants, tutors, or similar instructional support staff.
- You have experience training and mentoring instructional support staff to "lead through questioning" and engage effectively with students with diverse learning
- You have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. You enjoy translating ideas into words, visuals, and examples.
- You have experience working in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
Please note that a background check is required for employment.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Role:Cribl’s LogStream unlocks the value of all machine data in ways that were previously not possible by providing users a new level of observability, intelligence and control over their real-time data. We are looking for a Principal Engineer to build integrations between
Our clients ServiceNow practice is growing and they need architects that want to be a part of some of the most complex and challenging ServiceNow-fueled transformation projects in our industry. To enhance their ServiceNow delivery capability, their company is looking for high cal
The Software Engineer on our Ad Code Team will be responsible for the development and design of new features of our Ad Code product that is deployed on over 3,000 sites that reach over 170mm monthly unique users. This role will utilize your expertise to build high-performance Jav
CafeMedia is seeking a Software Engineer with experience building intuitive user experiences, as well as RESTful APIs to serve those interfaces. You delight in creating new features for both internal and external end users using iterative, agile processes to guide development. Yo
More jobs by this company
One growing team. One powerful goal.Ours is a dynamic environment where innovation is encouraged—and ideas are welcomed. We believe in one another’s potential, and we focus on creating a positive community where collaboration, belonging, and growth are valued.SNHU emp