The Lead Software Engineer position reports to the Sr. Director, Software Engineering, and is responsible for the development and support of applications leveraging his/her expertise and knowledge of multiple systems/customer areas to help build a robust, scalable and reliable platform.
You will be a part of an experienced engineering team and work with passionate leaders on challenging topics.
The ideal candidate will possess a good balance of technology and people management skills; has a keen desire to deeply understand our products and services to push our technology forward with respect to functionality, performance, reliability, and scalability and fully own the delivery of the product.
As Lead Software Engineer, you will:
- Perform coding/configuration, testing, implementation and documentation on solutions developed including design specifications.
- Perform applications programming activities, to include code, test, debug, document, maintain, and modify applications programs.
- Layout technical vision for the team and lead the design for the product while ensuring high-quality development.
- Leverage modern cloud-first technologies to create efficient and performant processes.
- Partner effectively and influence peers and senior leadership both within the organization.
- Ability to extract, analyze, and report the data.
- Strong attention to detail when identifying data relationships, trends, and anomalies.
- Thinking through long-term impacts of key design decisions and handling failure scenarios.
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and evaluate applicability of new software tools to platform development.
- Serve as a coach and mentor to more junior developers to include delegating and managing tasks, as appropriate.
- Commit to overall deliverables with customers and/or management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years' experience in building large scale distributed systems with high availability, scalability, and resilience.
- Experienced knowledge of maintaining and debugging live software systems. Proactively engage in the remediation of software issues related to code or solutions quality, security, and/or pattern/frameworks and software usability or end user related issues.
- Deep understanding of issues involved in delivering, deploying and supporting an integrated suite of products.
- Ability to grasp new areas; and adapt to changes.
- Proficient in AWS Cloud Eco System.
- Proficient in CI/CD process and tools preferred.
- Proficient in PHP and other backend technologies.
- Proficient in Database technologies. Preference for MySQL
- Proficient in mobile development (iOS/Android)
- Knowledge and experience working in payments industry preferred.
- An advanced understanding of processes and practices which contribute to the reliability, maintainability, security, simplicity, performance, and testability of software.
- Demonstrated success in defining and implementing process improvements.
- Participate in vendor relationship, contract management, and implementation planning.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $125,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Distributed systems: 2 years (Preferred)
- AWS: 1 year (Preferred)
- CI/CD: 1 year (Preferred)
- PHP: 1 year (Preferred)
- MySQL: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Role:Cribl’s LogStream unlocks the value of all machine data in ways that were previously not possible by providing users a new level of observability, intelligence and control over their real-time data. We are looking for a Principal Engineer to build integrations between
Our clients ServiceNow practice is growing and they need architects that want to be a part of some of the most complex and challenging ServiceNow-fueled transformation projects in our industry. To enhance their ServiceNow delivery capability, their company is looking for high cal
The Software Engineer on our Ad Code Team will be responsible for the development and design of new features of our Ad Code product that is deployed on over 3,000 sites that reach over 170mm monthly unique users. This role will utilize your expertise to build high-performance Jav
CafeMedia is seeking a Software Engineer with experience building intuitive user experiences, as well as RESTful APIs to serve those interfaces. You delight in creating new features for both internal and external end users using iterative, agile processes to guide development. Yo
More jobs by this company
This role is not open to sponsorship. We are the leading Salesforce.com ISV (Independent Software Vendor) for Events Management and Membership. We are fully native to Salesforce.com allowing our customers to leverage our expertise alongside the power and scalability of Salesforce