IZEA Worldwide, Inc. ("IZEA") is a marketing technology company providing software and professional services that enable brands to collaborate and transact with the full spectrum of today's top social influencers and content creators.
The company serves as a champion for the growing Creator Economy, enabling individuals to monetize their content, creativity, and influence. IZEA launched the industry's first-ever influencer marketing platform in 2006 and has since facilitated nearly 4 million transactions between online buyers and sellers.
Leading brands and agencies partner with IZEA to increase digital engagement, diversify brand voice, scale content production, and drive highly measurable return on investment.
IZEA is a small-cap company traded on NASDAQ and a member of the Russell 2000. The company has raised over $75 million and traded $4 billion in the past year alone. As we embark on our next phase of growth, we are looking for an exceptional Engineering Manager to join our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity in our team members.
About the Role
You will lead a global team of cross-functional engineers to deliver world-class, customer-centric digital experiences. You will also drive efficiencies in our processes, our tools, and our automations. In doing so, you will take a data-driven approach to measuring your team’s success and processes..
The team strives to be ego-free and motivated only by building the best software for our users. We seek to understand the "why" behind the "what". We regularly break out into small teams to tackle problems, learn new technologies, or just share what we know with others. We test our code and invest in the health of our systems. We push each other, learn from each other, and strive to continually grow.
IZEA is headquartered in Orlando, Florida but operates as a fully remote company with engineers located in multiple countries. Candidates must be comfortable with a remote workforce and may have to travel to Florida a few times each year.
IZEA is headquartered in Orlando, Florida though the company is currently 100% remote due to COVID-19. Ideal candidates would be located in the Orlando area, or a short plane flight away. We would prefer the ability for engineering leaders to meet in person as needed in the future. Candidates must be very comfortable with a remote workforce, as all engineering personnel are currently 100% remote and living in different cities.
Due to this being a work-from-home opportunity it is posted in multiple locations, however, there is currently only one opening.
- Manage, develop, and mentor a global team of cross-disciplined engineers by providing vision and role clarity, leadership, coaching, training and accountability.
- Identify and manage cross-team dependencies; facilitate communication between parallel initiatives.
- Effectively navigate the organization and communicate with various functions including (but not limited to) Product, Sales, Finance, Success to gather requirements and ensure successful product development and implementation.
- Ensure your team builds scalable and highly available applications with the customer at the center.
- Raise the bar for technical excellence and people management practices.
- Contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development of best practices, and new technologies.
- Select, develop, and evaluate personnel ensuring the efficient operation of the team.
- Advocate for and champion your team by encouraging their shared ownership and understanding of the product(s) and their workflows, listening and considering bottom-up input, and sharing and celebrating successes.
- Proactively collaborate with product teams to resolve any blocking issues and ensure timely delivery.
- Be an advocate for the vision of our product team.
- Function as a scrum master for your team by facilitating daily standups, resolving blocked tasks, assisting with sprint planning and estimation, and hosting retrospectives.
What we're looking for...
- 7+ years of hands-on industry experience in fast-paced software development environments.
- 3+ years actively mentoring and directly managing software engineers.
- Experience leading an Agile delivery team to iteratively plan and develop products.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate detailed, technical information in a manner comprehensible by individuals at varying degrees of experience and skill level.
The following additional qualifications will be highly valued:
- Proficiency with JIRA and Confluence.
- Proficiency in developing, operating, and scaling cloud-native applications.
- Experience managing your reports remotely across multiple timezones.
- Scrum Master certification (CSM or similar).
- Familiarity with our technology stack, including Node.js, Ruby on Rails, Ember.js.
- Proven experience building direct-to-consumer, self-service SaaS applications.
- Self-motivated, and thrive in a fast-moving environment.
- Able to seamlessly switch from diving deep into technical details with your team to driving alignment with other product engineering leaders and external stakeholders.
- Naturally curious and stay on top of emerging trends, including hands-on prototyping of nascent technologies and methodologies.
- Not afraid to question any existing processes and solutions, yet you display a keen sense of business value proposition and focus on the right priorities.
The act of hiring is not simply to up the headcount or to fill a seat quickly. When we hire at IZEA, it’s to add to our strong existing roster of talent and choose the right individual to impact, collaborate, commit, inspire, and grow alongside our tenured teams.
IZEA has been ranked a ‘Top Place to Work’ by the Orlando Sentinel for the past 4 years and has been recognized as a Deloitte “Fast 500” honoree for the past 2 years. We take great pride in creating a positive work environment for all our employees - from our investment in team member ongoing education, to the ability to influence real change across our business - we are dedicated to your long-term growth and success.
At IZEA, you have an opportunity to make an impact on a global scale. IZEA connects leading brands with a network of over 850,000 opt-in creators ranging from YouTube stars to mommy bloggers and everyone in-between. We are the pioneers fueling the democratization of information, entertainment, marketing, and commerce. Our platforms fuel the burgeoning Creator Economy, filled with the next generation of artists, poets, filmmakers, photographers, thought leaders, comics, actors, and musicians. What you do here will impact hundreds of thousands of people directly and influence the actions of millions more.
We provide an open, flexible work environment that welcomes people from diverse backgrounds and viewpoints. IZEA places value on action and results. We seek individuals that thrive in a challenging and fast-evolving work environment. While the company is over 14 years old, our executives remain active player-coaches - they roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty by working side-by-side with our team members across all levels of seniority to accomplish our common goals.
IZEA is focused on promoting an inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate the different viewpoints and experiences our diverse group of team members bring to our company. If you are the very best at what you do and seeking an opportunity to attack the “never been done before” with a passionate team of dreamers and doers, we encourage you to apply.
California residents, please follow this link to view the types of information we may gather from California residents who are applicants, employees, or contractors of IZEA, and how we use such information.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Role:Cribl’s LogStream unlocks the value of all machine data in ways that were previously not possible by providing users a new level of observability, intelligence and control over their real-time data. We are looking for a Principal Engineer to build integrations between
Our clients ServiceNow practice is growing and they need architects that want to be a part of some of the most complex and challenging ServiceNow-fueled transformation projects in our industry. To enhance their ServiceNow delivery capability, their company is looking for high cal
The Software Engineer on our Ad Code Team will be responsible for the development and design of new features of our Ad Code product that is deployed on over 3,000 sites that reach over 170mm monthly unique users. This role will utilize your expertise to build high-performance Jav
CafeMedia is seeking a Software Engineer with experience building intuitive user experiences, as well as RESTful APIs to serve those interfaces. You delight in creating new features for both internal and external end users using iterative, agile processes to guide development. Yo
More jobs by this company
Company OverviewIZEA Worldwide, Inc. ("IZEA") is a marketing technology company providing software and professional services that enable brands to collaborate and transact with the full spectrum of today's top social influencers and content creators.The company serves a
About Us:IZEA Worldwide, Inc. ("IZEA") is a marketing technology company providing software and professional services that enable brands to collaborate and transact with the full spectrum of today's top social influencers and content creators.The company serves as a cha