The web team at 1Password looks after many aspects of 1Password, including the website, blog, support site, and other customer-facing elements, as well as internal tools.
This is a Remote opportunity within Canada and United States.
What we're looking for:
- Someone with a great understanding of developing for the web. Naturally, we expect semantic HTML markup and team-friendly, reusable Sass.
- Experience building and deploying static sites using services such as Docker, Terraform and AWS. You should also be familiar with linting tools and methods to check content quality.
- Experience implementing CI solutions such as Jenkins and GitLab CI/CD.
- An understanding of modern browser security policies and content security.
- Proficiency with cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- A good understanding of developing websites using static site generators: we're fans of Hugo - we sure hope you are too!
- Someone who’s comfortable offering feedback to other developers on the team and experienced in reviewing and improving code.
What you can expect in month 1:
- Review the tools and platforms that 1Password uses, and familiarize yourself with the format of our created content.
- Take part in regular calls to discuss workflows.
- Begin to take on development issues that will help you to learn and grow within our environment.
- Learn more about our customers.
What you can expect in month 3:
- Work with other developers to create interoperable solutions between initiatives.
- Assist in identifying inefficiencies in our development and deployment processes, and contribute to improvements already planned.
- Act as a development resource to others in the organization, taking briefs, planning and implementing solutions.
What you can expect in month 6:
- Operate as a key part of the web team, taking ownership of areas that interest you and making them better.
- Work with your peers to solve problems that make our customers’ experiences better.
- Become comfortable in being a resource to the development team, helping to review merge requests, while receiving regular feedback to improve code quality.
- Will Moore, Design and Web Lead
"We’re a team that gets things done. Often we’re required to work on tight deadlines, with many changes along the way. The person who joins this team will enjoy a fast-paced, but supportive environment with a focus on quality of execution. If you like to try new things, collaborate with others, and know a few bad jokes, we’ll welcome you with open arms!"
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and when we say bring your whole self to work, we mean it. You’ll join a diverse and inclusive community, built on trust, support and respect. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love. As we continue to build our team, we welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken and veteran’s status. Accommodation is available upon request at any point during the recruitment process, should you require any please do let us know.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Piper Companies is seeking a Remote Web Developer 3 for a well-known technology organization in the Raleigh-Durham, NC area. The Web Developer 3 will be responsible for designing full stack web applications. The ideal candidate for the Web Developer 3 position will have excellent
Software Engineer (Associate - Senior Level)Since 1978, ACS Technologies (“ACST”) has served the faith-based community, building software to help ministries lead with less stress and more accuracy. ACST enables churches to handle every vital area of their ministry fro
Vroom is an innovative end-to-end ecommerce company that is revolutionizing the car buying experience. Our scalable, data-driven technology brings all phases of the vehicle buying and selling process to consumers wherever they are and offers an extensive selection of vehicles, tr
Second Wave Delivery Systems, LLC (SWDS) is determined to improve clinical outcomes in the United States while addressing the rising costs of healthcare. We are developing a technology-enabled, integrated system tailored to optimize value-based arrangements for payors and provide
Description:Designs, develops and tests program units; works on new systems development and enhancement/maintenance of existing systems; participates in implementations of new systems or modifications to existing systems to meet Information Systems and client business requirement
More jobs by this company
Over 80,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information. We’re a kind, curious, and customer-focused team on a mission to build the world's most-loved password manager and give people more control over their data.At 1Password,
Over 80,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information. We’re a kind, curious, and customer-focused team on a mission to build the world's most-loved password manager and give people more control over their data.The Core team