Software Engineer - Touchtown
Touchtown’s development team is focused on providing easy-to-use, cutting edge software products to senior living communities and their residents. Products cover a wide range of platforms, including web applications, mobile apps, in-house TV channels, digital signs, and auto-generated print calendars.
For the Software Engineer position, we are looking for someone with extensive accomplishments in designing, developing and managing large-scale web applications. We are open to telecommuting for the right candidate, with periodic visits to our Oakmont, PA office.
As a Software Engineer, you would:
- Be part of a small and distributed agile software development team
- Participate in engineering meetings and standups
- Evaluate technical feasibility of new features and provide estimates
- Design, implement, document and test!
- Program using modern tools and frameworks as much as possible
- Help upgrade a large legacy codebase, rebuilding components as microservices over time
- Code review teammates’ contributions, and have your own code reviewed
- Stay current by studying state-of-the-art development frameworks and tools
- Provide engineering and architecture recommendations
- Provide support for production services
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- In-depth knowledge of database and performance considerations, both SQL and NoSQL
- Experience designing, implementing, and monitoring an AWS based microservices architecture
- An ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively with a small team of senior-level engineers
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with mobile Flutter programming
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure, in particular Amazon Web Services
- Experience with AWS Lambda / API Gateway / DynamoDB
- Experience with 3rd party API Integrations
About the Touchtown and Uniguest Team
Touchtown (touchtown.com) develops and supports technology to improve the community experience for residents of senior living communities across the United States. Our communication and engagement platform informs senior living residents and connects them with each other and the greater community around them. With over 1,900 customers and 20 years of industry experience, Touchtown is the pinnacle of engagement technology in senior living.
The company was acquired in March 2019 by Uniguest , a leader in customer engagement technology for the hospitality industry, which will provide Touchtown with technology and financial resources to broaden its product line and increase its market share in senior living.
Touchtown has been named one of the best companies to work for in Western Pennsylvania. Our team is made up of 35 bright and collaborative individuals and plenty of office dogs on any given day. As a team member, you’ll enjoy our collaborative team, a fun and casual work environment and career growth opportunities.
How do I apply to this role?
Please submit your resume and cover letter. After we receive those items, our team will review your submission and contact you regarding next steps.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
FloSports is a direct-to-consumer subscription-based sports media company that streams live events across 25 different sports (e.g. Cycling, Track and Field, Wrestling, Racing, Bowling, Marching Band, and more) to millions of athletes & fans around the world.As an extraordina
Description:This position is for an experienced Software Engineer. You will work as a member of a small self-directed team following Agile methodologies and Scrum principles. You will analyze problems, design solutions, code, test and document your work. You will participate in c
Senior Software EngineerWe are looking for a senior software engineer to join our team at Lucidpress. As a senior software engineer, you will help build a world-class enterprise grade web application built on Typescript, Scala, and AWS. As an engineer, you will be responsible for
Hagerty Consulting, Inc., is hiring! We are a nationally recognized, comprehensive emergency management and homeland security consulting firm focused on helping clients prepare for, respond to, and recover from disasters.Hagerty has successfully helped clients navigate some of th