Progress OpenEdge Software Engineer
Conservice has been changing the utility management game for 21 years, working hard to serve more than 4.5 million locations including multifamily communities, commercial properties, single family homes, student housing, and more. Simply put, we handle any and every aspect of managing utilities for their many properties... and we're good at it!
While we do have a small inbound call center to answer resident questions, the vast majority of our team members perform other services for our clients. We do not make cold calls, sell anything or complete any surveys. Instead we are helping clients set up utility service, entering their utility invoices into our system, auditing those invoices for accuracy, and calculating utility bills for their residents.
- Create new features using our development technologies that will drive greater efficiency and outcomes for the commercial bill payment application.
- Create engineering designs that solve complex problems.
- Fix occasional bugs in our platform.
- Debate the optimal design and ideal user experience for a variety of unrealized features identified alongside our Product Owners. Or propose some ideas of your own!
- Find the best way to test your work to ensure that, not only does it work as advertised, but will continue to work and perform at mass scale when thousands upon thousands of people are using it at the same time.
- Lead discussions with your team about what emerging tools, technologies, and processes are coming that may impact how we improve our products and our platform in the future.
- Provide your well-considered opinions to the creation and modification of our technology roadmaps.
- Be involved in company wide initiatives and help to achieve them.
- Set high standards for the team in terms of performance, quality and engineering practices (code reviews, pair programming, ect.)
- Find the ways to continuously improve our platform.
- Help and train other engineers.
- Respect and do your work with our core company values.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent science preferred, but combined experience and skills will be considered
- 3-5 Years programming in Progress OpenEdge is strongly desired.
- Knowledge of test methodologies and their corresponding tools.
- Agile process experience preferred
- Experience optimizing software to run fast, be reliable and fail safely – O(n) analysis should not be new to you.
- Show that you are a person who, upon seeing a problem, moves quickly to solve it instead of waiting for permission and specific instructions from others.
At Conservice, we set a high standard for all our team members, and we appreciate the effort that it takes to meet those needs, so we are always looking for new ways to give back. In addition to the standard benefits of a competitive salary, 401K matching, and medical/dental/vision/life insurance, Conservice will also offer you additional perks like:
- Local Discounts: As a Conservice team member, you will have access to discounts for more than 50 different locations; discounts on gym memberships, daycare, events, and more!
- Conservice Cares: This program allows you to use two hours of paid time off (each month) to serve in the community and make a difference in the lives of others.
- Paid Time Off: Our generous paid time off program provides you with the time you need for family events, adventures, and well-deserved breaks.
- Discounted Meals: If you work in one of our Logan offices, you will have access to an on-site grill that serves affordable breakfast and lunch entrees. You will also have the option of ordering discounted meals from local restaurants like Pier 49 Pizza, Costa Vida, Apple Spice, and more!
- Annual Parties: At Conservice, we try to celebrate our successes with annual parties, some of which have featured performances from David Blaine, Walk the Moon, Brian Regan, and others!
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Piper Companies is seeking a Remote Web Developer 3 for a well-known technology organization in the Raleigh-Durham, NC area. The Web Developer 3 will be responsible for designing full stack web applications. The ideal candidate for the Web Developer 3 position will have excellent
Software Engineer (Associate - Senior Level)Since 1978, ACS Technologies (“ACST”) has served the faith-based community, building software to help ministries lead with less stress and more accuracy. ACST enables churches to handle every vital area of their ministry fro
Vroom is an innovative end-to-end ecommerce company that is revolutionizing the car buying experience. Our scalable, data-driven technology brings all phases of the vehicle buying and selling process to consumers wherever they are and offers an extensive selection of vehicles, tr
Second Wave Delivery Systems, LLC (SWDS) is determined to improve clinical outcomes in the United States while addressing the rising costs of healthcare. We are developing a technology-enabled, integrated system tailored to optimize value-based arrangements for payors and provide
Description:Designs, develops and tests program units; works on new systems development and enhancement/maintenance of existing systems; participates in implementations of new systems or modifications to existing systems to meet Information Systems and client business requirement