This position is for an experienced Software Engineer. You will work as a member of a small self-directed team following Agile methodologies and Scrum principles. You will analyze problems, design solutions, code, test and document your work. You will participate in code and design reviews for your assigned projects as well as those of other teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Apply Agile principles as a member of a Scrum team.
- Solve complex problems and research difficult issues independently.
- Perform duties with little supervision.
- Provide self-direction in response to changes in requirements and specifications.
- Take initiative to raise issues with team members.
- Follow departmental and project-specific development standards and processes.
- Show initiative in gaining expertise in technology areas related to the company.
Supervisory Responsibilities. No direct supervisory responsibilities. Assists with training efforts of new personnel. Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience.
- BS Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience of 2-6 years as a software developer.
- Working knowledge of Python or other object-oriented languages is highly desirable.
- Commercial product development experience is desirable.
- Has knowledge and understanding of computer science across several technical areas.
- Has experience in the implementation and execution of good software development practices.
Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
- Synthesizes complex or diverse information
- Collects and researches data
- Uses intuition and experience to complement data
- Designs workflows and procedures.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
DescriptionThe Platform Experience group in the Rackspace Solutions and Strategy (RSS) organization is looking for talented engineers to help build our next generation private cloud platform.As a developer in our team, you will be responsible for building cutting-edge application
Support Engineering ManagerRoutable is a B2B payments platform built to make bill payments and mass payouts fast and seamless. Our mission is to be the simplest way to send and receive business-to-business payments. Unlike other payment platforms, Routable’s modern, easy-to
Headquarters: New York URL: https://www.clevertech.bizOur 100% remote team of 200+ CleverPeople are seasoned yet friendly professionals who want to collaborate and welcome you. We have an exciting new opening for a Senior Python Engineer.What we're working onEnterprise compa
Headquartered in Southern California, Entertainment Works (eworksinc.com) is an international market research provider with an emphasis in the entertainment industry.We are seeking an organized, upbeat, ethical, and capable person to fill the role of Remote I.T. Assistant. This p
ABOUT US:Foreground is a platform of products that connects families and individuals with world-class photographers. The Foreground family of brands helps photographers and photo consumers create memories that last a lifetime by giving them access to tremendous software, professi